“Disgusting`”

Ranked #80 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Denver, Colorado
“Disgusting`”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We rented this room only for the purposes of leaving our luggage in the room while going to Pearl Harbor. We were almost too afraid to leave our dirty clothes in the room. The Ice Cream Vending machine sits near a vending machine with items that you may want if you are renting a room by the hour. The bathroom was less clean than the dirtiest truckstop I have ever seen. The front desk was polite and helpful. That is the best I can say. If you want a cheap room - this is it, if you want a clean cheap room somewhat safe, keep looking. Desperation should play a role in booking this hotel...

Room Tip: take sanitizer to open the door!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dee M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I booked this hotel as I had flown from the UK via La and after a 25 hour flight need a place to crash for the night before going on to my final hotel in Oahu.
This hotel was perfect for that. It is not far outside Honolulu and while you could use it for a base for your holiday it make a perfect stop off for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Graham P
Marne, Michigan
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here one night when we got in a 9 PM and were leaving at 10 AM the next morning. We called for the shuttle bus on the cell phone when we arrived and they told us exactly where to meet them and what color van they would have. We thanked the driver for coming out so late to get us and he said they see themselves as an airport hotel and they must have the shuttle to have satisfied guests.

Our room was clean. It was very basic. We were on the ground floor by the pool and there was no traffic noise. I would never recommend someone stay for a week. But it was great for what we wanted...clean and close to the airport. We woke up early since our bodies were on another time zone. There was free coffee available in the office but at that time of early morning I had to try 3 doors to find an open one. I went back for coffee 6 or 7 times. I sat out by the swimming pool to drink the coffee and it was very pleasant. There were lots of flowers in bloom and it was clean and neat. A nice quiet place to sit and read and drink coffee.

We went to the airport early to get through security and get some breakfast. At the motel there are lots of vending machines. There are no restaurants in the area. The shuttle carried us back to the airport in 10 minutes and we were on our way.

Room Tip: We were on the pool side and had no traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank marymich55
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

We had a stop over on way to Maui, we weren't expecting much so were quite surprised that the rooms were clean & bed comfortable. I wouldn't want to stay here longer than 1 night as it isn't close to anything. We thought the Chinese restaurant next door was great! & free shuttle service was fantastic.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jodi-Ann O

Travelers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 3 days. Unfortunately I left my Kindle sitting on the bed when I checked out. It took 2 days of calling the hotel to get anyone to even admit they had my Kindle. I kept being told they didn't find it. Then the manager finally said yes they had it and I made arrangements to pick it up. He then asked me to please write a nice review of the hotel once I got my Kindle back. Well..... I got it back and it was ruined. I don't know what they did to it but it's definitely broken and the managers response was that I couldn't prove they ruined it. So I'm not real happy.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Colleen C
Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel is located close to the Honolulu International Airport and there is a free shuttle; If you are looking for a hotel that is close to shopping and the beach, this place isn't for you. The rooms are average, nothing special, and fairly clean, I would rate this hotel as a 2-star. This hotel is located within an industrial area, and I was disturbed every morning by loud noises (traffic, construction). Overall: NOT a great vacation hotel! Spend the extra money and rent a nicer hotel in the Waikiki area!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel are quieter; the rooms on the back of the property are right ne...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Wangaratta, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here as a stop-over only. We arrived late at night and were happy for the free airport transfer to the hotel.

The rooms are old and very basic. There are no tea and coffee making facilities, although the beds were comfortable enough. We also found the room to be clean, despite its age.

The room had a small microwave and a fridge, and we picked up free internet, which on our trip to Hawai'i we found quite rare. This was a nice bonus.

The hotel is old and basic, but it was okay for a one night stop-over. We arrived around 11pm and left at 8am, so we didn't spend much time there. It was a quiet location, although it is in an industrial area, so I wouldn't like to spend more than a night there.

The hotel is only 1 mile from the airport which is handy, but as I said, I'd only stay there for a stop-over. The room rate was quite attractive too.

There was a pool that looked nice, and the staff seemed okay, but didn't offer much in the way of conversation.

On checking out we discovered the hotel was used in an episode of Hawaii Five-O, as there were pictures in reception.

Room Tip: We were in a second floor room, which was pretty quiet. I'm not sure if that made a difference t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family