“Perfect!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Perfect!”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

When my husband and I checked in we were upgraded to on ocean front room for no additional charge. The room was clean and spacious. Staff are friendly and helpful. Best breakfast was at the Ocean House. The waiter named Randy that works in the evening was extremely nice. He gave us tips on where to go on the island. I cannot say enough about our stay here. I was impressed! I should also mention that the location is perfect. Close to everything. I definately will stay there again in two years!

1 Thank 593traceyh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,473)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Twinsburg, Ohio
Reviewed May 26, 2010

My husband and I are in our late 20s and stayed here 5 years ago, prior to the renovations. Since then, we have went on many other vacations including Mexico, the Bahamas, and throughout the US (both all inclusive and not). As such, I consider myself a fairly well traveled person and able to give a good, unbiased review based on my experiences at other places. This year, we thought we would head back to our first destination with his parents.

The hotel was great before, if you could overlook the dated decor. After the renovations, its even more amazing! I find it hard to believe the negative comments and find that some people are not happy no matter what (especially the one regarding the an earlier check in time- you should just be happy that your flight wasnt delayed and you missed an entire day of vacation).

Last time we stayed in a partial ocean view and wanted to upgrade to the ocean view but I was a little skeptical as even the hotel website does not have any pictures from an ocien view room (only city, partial, and ocean front). I was a little nervous that "ocean view" was just a partial ocean view just a little closer. But I was pleasantly wrong and have uploaded some photos so you can see as well. I did call about two months prior to leaving and requested a room on the highest floor possible (which we got and I would suggest so that you have the best view and are away from any loud music that might happen too late if you are not a night person).

I utilized the conceirge service prior to leaving and was fully satisfied. They responded to all my inquiries within minutes and was able to set up a wine basket in our room and reserve spots for the vow renewal ceremony.

Also, if you are considering the breakfast package make sure that you book it at the time of your reservation. I overhead the people checking in in front of me asking if they could add it but were told that it could only be done upon booking.

We took advantage of the spa and had the hot lava rocks massage which I highly recommend.

This hotel is in great walking distance of everything. I highly recommend this hotel to any type of traveler.

Also-- the Hilton Hawaiin does fireworks every Friday at about 7:45 and can easily be seen from the Outrigger beach.

2 Thank jen19oo1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2010

great location right on the beach. pool was nice and clean, restaurants have excellent ocean views and menu had varied selection of food. our room was a good size and house keeping was very good. having starbucks right out front also meant we could grab supplies on the way out.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kostas007
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed there 3 different times-and enjoyed it every time I loved going for walks on the beach at night and listening to the ocean-it would of been much more enjoyable if I would of had someone special to share it with.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank Nolandom
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I cannot say enough about the great time we had at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach! Great location, and the staff was extremely curtious. When we go back we are going to book this hotel again. No need to look elsewhere!

2 Thank HawaiiMike
las vegas
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I have stayed at several hotels in Hawaii. This one by far was the nicest that I have stayed at during my trips both for pleasure and business. They treat first of all like you were family and the most important family member staying there. I was very close walking distance to many shops and fine dinning or just local pubs.. Ask the Valet Captain on some of the best places to eat in town. I highly recommend this to anyone that wants a great hotel and a great time relaxing at the beach or the great pool.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dallasrme
Orlando
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We stayed at the Reef the first week of May so it was quite crowded with the Japanese visitors during Golden Week. This didn't have any affect on our visit though. We loved the hotel and the open-air lobby. The live music in the evening was great and the pool was never crowded. The beach area is a bit small. $3 MaiTai's every day in the early afternoon. Great deal! Our room was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite that fit our family of 4 better. It was beautiful. Everything appeared brand new. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful. Front desk staff was awesome. The laundry facility was a bit expensive but came in handy near the end of our stay. The business center allows free flight boarding pass printing. I would definitely stay there again.

2 Thank MeetaP