This was our second stay in Hawaii, and our first in Outrigger Reef on the Beach. The hotel and the staff were amazing. The location too was amazing.
The last place we stayed at was a smaller hotel and did not have the service, ammenities and atmosphere that Outrigger Reef on the Beach can offer.
Things off the top of my head that are great about this place:
1. Location - Right on the beach in a quieter part of Waikiki Beach itself. 3 Great choices of places to eat at your doorstep...literally. I highly recommend 'Ocean House' for breakfast. (Check out my review for Ocean House on Trip Advisor also).
Only 1 minutes walk to the closest ABC store, 3 minutes walk to the shops of Waikiki and many other restaurants. We highly recommend PF Changs, Dukes Canoe Club, The Cheesecake Factory when looking for a place to eat outside of the hotel complex.
2. The Beach on your doorstep - This hotel rests right on the beach, for $30 - $40 per day you can hire 2 x beach beds and a big umbrella for the day, highly recommended for at least 1 day of your trip.
3. The Pool - If you prefer the pool setting then you can easily spend you days here winding down after shopping. Guests of the hotel get given 2 towels each by a poolside attendant each time you are there. There is also iced water with lemon ready for the taking so you need not having to keep buying a bottle of water each time you want to relax in the sun.
4. Free WiFi - The best place to connect up is in the Lobby of the hotel opposite reception.
5. Entertainment - Each night a band will play a nice melody of Hawaiian music, only acoustics so it's not loud but more relaxing. If you have a poolside room you can just open your ranch slider and listen to the music between 6pm and 9pm.
6. Rooms - The rooms are so clean with attention to detail! The cleaning staff did a great job every day in maintaing the room. Each day we came back from being out our room was always spotless to come back to.
7. Staff - The staff were all very really friendly and ready to help.
8. Service Room - Our checkout time was noon, and our shuttle pickup was not until 9pm that night. The staff advised us that were were still more than welcome to laze by the pool and relax for the rest of the day if we liked. And also we were offered a room free of charge to freshen up in. So at 8pm we were given a room for 30 minutes to have a shower and change clothes ready for our trip back home.
Note: If you are keen to do ALOT of shopping, talk to the staff about information about the Waikele Shopping Outlet, approx 25 minutes shuttle drive from Waikiki. Pickup is from outside the Trump Hotel, (across the road from Outrigger Reef on the Beach), the cost is $5 return and is the most reliable and cost effective service. (http://pgplover.com/shuttle.html).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Reef On The Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Reef Beach
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu