Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
$420
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$182
$169
$208
$172
  • Beachfront
Ramada Plaza Waikiki(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$208
Agoda.com
$163
$159
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$243
$199
6,195 results
All reviewsthe shore birdshorebird restaurantocean house restaurantpacific towerthe kani ka pila grilleocean frontpartial ocean viewwaikiki beachthe activities deskdiamond headtime shareour honeymooncity viewpool sidehawaiian musicoceanfront roommai tais
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our first time to Hawaii and we loved our stay at the Outrigger Reef. Great location within walking distance of large choice of restaurants and entertainment. Very comfortable beds and friendly service. Excellent restaurants on site. Beach lovely although the ocean floor was very hard on your feet! Fantastic shopping within walking distance and highly recommend Ala Moana and Waikele Outlet for further shopping! Would love to visit paradise again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tania R
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I decided several years ago that we would try and visit Hawaii sooner rather than later, as we had missed the opportunity when her brother was stationed there during our college years. We found the right opportunity in the summer of 2012, and we made our plans one year in advance. Our goals: see as many of the islands as possible, experience the culture of Hawaii, visit Pearl Harbor, and, most importantly, renew our vows. The latter goal is where Outrigger fit into the picture. We searched on Tripadvisor for a hotel in Honolulu that would permit us a vow renewal ceremony on the beach, while being in close proximity to the downtown. Outrigger fit the bill. In addition, the rate was quite reasonable.

When we arrived, we had completed an excellent 7 night cruise on the Pride of America, so we were excited about the prospect of settling down at the Outrigger and celebrating our renewal of our marriage. From the moment we arrived, we were pleased: from the service of the bellman, to the recently updated lobby, which appears quite beautiful, tasteful, and natural, as it flows from entry to reception area without interference or distraction. It is not opulent nor overdone, but instead, tasteful and inviting. We got to know several of the service people by name, and it was wonderful to be greeted by our names upon arrival or as we departed on a walking excursion or a tour. We felt at home.

The room itself was more than accommodating. I recently had lumbar fusion surgery, so everywhere we stay, the bed is of ultimate importance. No worries at all; in fact, I slept like a baby each of the 7 nights of our stay. The room was amply sized, and for our time in it, we felt at home. Even the balcony, despite our having a city/garden view, was refreshing at times, especially just before bed or as an early morning respite before heading out.

The swimming at the beach, was not what we are used to, as we travel to the Riviera Maya annually, but it was not at all on our list of priorities. However, the location of the beach with the back drop of Diamond Head, the restaurant's close proximity to the beach and the view are remarkable. In fact, we did not swim at our beach once, as we elected to continue to explore the island almost daily, electing to find out of the way locations that were spectacular. Among them, Yokohama Beach was sensationally stunning!

As far as the restaurant, we chose to eat off site mostly, as we are foodies, and we were so enticed by all of the eateries off site, a decision not regretted in the least. We did have one average breakfast there, but it was something we felt we could have definitely skipped.

The ceremony: my wife and I have been fortunate enough to have met early in our lives and remain inseparable for 29 years. The Outrigger vow renewal ceremony offered us and nine other couples (maximum for each ceremony), the opportunity to celebrate that togetherness. We brought our own vows that we had written, our original wedding bands, our recently made Kukui nut leis, and our own witnesses (my wife's sister and her new husband who had just the knot themselves on the same trip), and Outrigger's staff provided the officiant, the musical accompanist, a photographer, and the perfect scene for this day. On August 14, 2012, we experienced ethereal bliss once again...Everyone at Outrigger that day was so perfect in their arrangement and performance of duties that we forgot anyone was there but us. We are true believers in giving back, and I regret that this is our first of many reviews that we should have made in repayment for the countless reviews that we have read over the years.

We could have gone anywhere else, but Outrigger made us forever thankful that we chose them to provide our lodging and vow renewal. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We are continuing to glow in each other's warmth and love, and your ceremony was a strong part of our continued commitment to one another.

Room Tip: all rooms were fine, if the view was not of particular importance; ask for a higher room facing the ocean if view is preferred
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rnguyen
OutriggerReefHotel, General Manager at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Mahalo for the kind words and for allowing us to play a role in your special moment. We look forward to your return to our beautiful Island as you renew your commitment to each other for years to come.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My Husband & I have been to Hawaii 16 times & we have stayed at the Outrigger Reef On The Beach 15 times. I would recommend it to any one. The staff is terrific, the restaurants are GREAT (especially the Shorebird), the rooms are very spacious & CLEAN! Walk out the back entrance & you are right on the beach. Walk out the front entrance & there is a multitude of places to go & things to do. Easy walking to most shops, restaurants & other attractions.

The only thing we don't care for is the loud music in the evenings, but it ends fairly early.

I would HIGHLY recommend this Hotel ~~ ALOHA ~~

Room Tip: Partial Ocean View offers a room closer to the Ocean & I like the top floor (17)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DebbieJoS_
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the best hotel in Waikiki! This is my 4th time at the Outrigger in 18 months. I just got back March 29th and have booked my room for the Honolulu Marathon. The Outrigger is my second home. I have never had a bad experience. They have the best customer service ever. Thank you Lily for looking after this Canadian family!

Shelley

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ocean2552
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Staff is excellent but the property itself, rooms, etc are a bit worn. A solid three star hotel. Very dissatisfied with our "ocean view". Nice ocean, but a very ugly rooftop between our room (1551) and the ocean. What a letdown!
The restaurant buffet was also just average. Very limited choices.
The pool itself and the pool area were nothing special - in fact, with kids in tow, a bigger, brighter, better situated pool would have be better.
The ocean/beach area were awful. When swimming, touch the ocean bottom at your own peril! My wife and I both had uncomfortable cuts on our feet for most of our stay.
The beach had a public beach feel - very non-exclusive.
The car valet staff was as good as it gets. These guys were very helpful, courteous, friendly and somehow remembered my name every time I dropped off the car. The concierge was similarly excellent. She came out to the front when she saw the line at the front concierge desk was busy and proactively assisted us. Then she wouldn't accept a tip - that was a first.
In walking and driving around the island, we identified several other much better hotel options.
btw, the buffet breakfast at Dukes - at the other Outrigger property - was excellent. Great selection and ambience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family