“outrigger on the beach honolulu”

Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was awesome i would like to highly recommend it.The room on the 9th floor partial ocean view could see beach. The beds are great and the pillows Air conditioning,has a very good fitness centre ,service is very good, Waikiki Beach at your door step,close to all shops bell boys ( or bell men) are so friendly,rooms are clean,i would stay at this hotel again as its so close to everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank 39missy

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've found this place thru Trip Advisor and glad I booked this place. We stayed from 3/6 - 3/11.

We stayed at room 844 (1 king bed partial ocean view) and this is located right in front of the elevator ( I didn't mind at all).
Shower - pretty powerful it really hurts (no kidding seriously the water pressure is high). I didn't complain about it because it helps me clean my hair :D
Mini Fridge - nice to have for drinks
Coffee Maker - used only once lol there is a starbucks on the property and it opens at 4:30am
TV -32" screen and not digital :(
Drawers - spacious
Closet - Spacious
Carpet - very clean :)
Bed - comfortable with 5 pillows!
Lounge chair - cool one
AC - works great
Elevator - must insert your room card key to use
Location - great for everything including public transportaions (we used buses a lot $2.50 per and dont forget to get the transfer ticket from the driver.)
Oh BTW, there is no iphone charge station... pls bring your own cell phone chargers!

our 2nd night til end of our trip was a disaster from room 845 :( young Japanese kids started singing, yelling, talking hella loud and we woke up every night at 1:20AM because of them. Complained 2 nights straights security took care of the situations but they never stopped banging the door and ice machine doors in the hall way :( that was their way of getting back at us on the 3rd night) Wish hotel personnel moved us to different room but oh wells.
The wall is THIN... I can hear them walking... chatting... etc.

The beach is right in front of the hotel. I liked it. Visited both restaurant on the different nights - service is wonderful :D When the waiter spilled my wine by accident, he bought me more even though I didn't ask at all (It was a very tiny spill but THANK YOU sir)

I think this property is good for everyone. If we are coming back, I would LOVE to stay here again. Thank you AAA for the wonderful savings :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Aya M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here in September 2012 for 5 nights.
Rooms are not 5 star luxury but are a good size, clean and great value for money for a hotel right in Waikiki Beach. All the action in Waikiki is right on your doorstep and there is a Starbucks on site which I think opens at 5am. Also buses to the AlaMoana Centre are only a 2 minute walk away. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank themeigans
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have just come back from Waikiki where my sisters and myself had a wonderful time, the location was fantastic.The oceanfront room on the 10th floor was spectacular.
The staff were pleasant and helpful.There was one small incident in the Hula grill one night with a waiter, but the manager was able to deal with it promptly and to everyones satisfaction.I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank MaggieC56
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We vacationed with extended family so we actually had 3 rooms reserved for 9 people. Each & everyone of us were very pleased with the hotel. We were on the 3rd floor in a corner room (335 I think) & the view was of the valet roof & the Trump hotel so not the greatest but we weren't paying for it either. The room was VERY large though for 4 of us so that was great! It is also VERY noisy in the morning so if you like to sleep in, ask for a different location. Housekeeping was the BEST & the room was VERY clean! The time share people did get a little annoying but we just blew them off. The elevators were very fast however 2 of the 3 elevators broke one evening but I think they were only down for a couple of hours.
Overall for the price we woud ALL stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NorthDakotaBound
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here in January 2013 and loved it. The service for such a large hotel was really very good. Having Dukes in the hotel was a bonus. The proximity to everything such as beach, shops and restaurants was a great. We loved staying at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach and hope to return one day soon.

Room Tip: Request Ocean Front rooms. These have lovely views and will make your stay memorable.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lovetoholiday17
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here from March 2nd - 4th at the begining of our trip in Hawai'i. Our room was nice enough and the hotel had a great location near the beach with a wonderful pool area and two nice outdoor bars. Essentially I would clasiffy this as an upscale hotel in a good location but one thing happened that we prevent me from ever coming back here or recommending this place.
On my second night here I approached the concierge to ask for some basic info about Pearl Harbor. The desk was titled "concierge" but little did I know that these were just some people who were there to insult the customer and barrage you about Wyndham. How did they insult me? The staff insulted my intelligence by telling me I needed to book a ticket a week in advance if I wanted to go to Pearl Harbor or show up at 5am. I quickly looked this up on my phone and was able to reserve tickets for the next day right then and there. I.E - These concierges are getting paid, yet they were not willing to help me. Instead they proceeded to harass me to go to a Wyndham breakfast the next morning instead of Pearl Harbor. Are you for serious? I was dissapointed with this - having a hospitality background - how UN-helpful they were. They caused me unnecessary stress during my vacation - and for that reason, I would not recommend the property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple