Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
Aloha Punawai(Honolulu)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Beachfront
6,189 results
All reviewsthe shore birdshorebird restaurantocean house restaurantpacific towerthe kani ka pila grilleocean frontpartial ocean viewwaikiki beachthe activities deskdiamond headtime shareour honeymooncity viewpool sidehawaiian musicoceanfront roommai tais
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at the Outrigger from October 20-25, 2011. Kyle helped us at check-in and graciously gave us an upgrade from Moderate room to partial ocean view at no charge since it was our first time in Hawaii. Everyone is very nice there, the rooms are spotless, the convenience is great, the location is perfect. We participated in the vow renewal ceremony, which was a perfect way to end our vacation. We loved the Shorebird Mai-Tais and the Outrigger Catamaran....and so much more!
Only two complaints and the reason for 4 stars instead of 5 stars: Pool/hot tub shuts down at 9pm! Really?!! Disappointing! The only other complaint is the Wyndham desk people....they yell out like carnival barkers, trying to get you over to their counter so they can talk you into a timeshare presentation. I don't mind them being there,so you can come over if you feel like, but we were invited and motioned over loudly three different times as we walked through the lobby throughout our stay. It felt pushy and unprofessional to us.
Other than that, the Outrigger Reef is great!! Love you guys! Thanks for the fabulous service and great times!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kim w
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed at the Ourtrigger from Oct 15 -Oct 22. Melvino & the boys on the beach treated us great.My daughter had two surf lessons and also did the stand up surfing. Melvino always looked after us. What a wonder establishment. The rooms were clean, the cleaning staff were so friendly and the restaurants were wonderful. Great happy hour from 12-5 at the Shorebird with Mai Tai's only being $3.50. I just can't wait to go back. You can walk to so many shops & restaurants if you don't want to eat there. The beach is nice and it is in a convenient location. Please go see the bird guys on the beach. Get a beautiful picture with all of the tropical birds. They are a hoot and love to talk. My daughter just loved them. I came back to Edmonton and got on the phone and booked 10 days for Spring Break . One week is just not enough. Love this place.

Room Tip: There is a Denny's close by and Egg's n Things. Also, a great food court in the mall if you don't want to eat at the hotel.
5  Thank Ocean001
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Outrigger for six nights in early October, 2011. It was an altogether delightful place to stay. We stayed in a high floor premium room with a great sea view..

4  Thank claireconnole
Reviewed October 23, 2011

These hotel rooms were amazing! we were on the 7th floor with an ocean view. The view was beautiful, the rooms were well kept, and all of the staff were always taking care of you! If you had any questions the front desk would almost always have a great answer! everything was always a blast. it was either doing the hotel activities, being out in the ocean, playing with the parrots, or just relaxing! it was an amazing vacation! all the hotel staff made it all the better!

Room Tip: ocean front rooms are one of the nicest! on about the 7th floor is a good height
7  Thank ocean2552
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have not actually stayed at The Reef yet but I will say that I was really in a bind with booking an extra night in Oahu during the APEC convention in a few weeks and Rochel (I am sure I am not spelling that right) in the Sales/Reservations department went out of her way to help me book a room at a reasonable rate! I hope she is a representation of how enjoyable our stay will be. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple