We stayed at the Ohana east for three nights at the end of January and we're very pleased with our stay. The room had a nice kitchenette that we found very helpful. (As vegans, it can be hard to eat out in Hawaii!) As another reviewer noted, this meant there were some ants in the room. I took this as par for the course--I think bugs in rooms in Hawaii is more common than it is uncommon and this wasn't the "W" after all.
Others on this site have complained about the steep ($18) parking fee. Coming from NYC, that seems cheap to me. And (and this is an important and), don't let that dissuade you from getting a car. Seeing Oahu--the North Shore, the Windward Coast, Hanauma Bay, Pearl Harbor--is so much easier with own car. Factor the $18 a day into your car rental price. (We got our car for $20 a day from Priceline, so though $38 per day including parking was still a bargain.)
And if you don't want to battle Honolulu traffic to get to the Ala Moana Center or the Ward Center (for more off-the-beatern track shopping), your room key acts as a free pass for the Pink Line Waikiki Shuttle -- a real plus.
The location of the Ohana can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHANA(R) Hotels by Outrigger is our mid-tier, off-beach leisure brand where guests will find local hospitality and convenience in paradise. Located in central Waikiki, this Waikiki hotel is just a 7-minute stroll to Waikiki Beach, next door to The International Marketplace and one block from Kalakaua Avenue's shopping and entertainment. OHANA Waikiki East provides safe, clean and well maintained mid-tier accommodation proudly supported by long serving hosts, many who have been with the Outrigger family for over thirty years. OHANA Waikiki East is unlike beachfront resorts where you may choose to spend your time indoors. Rather, it is an enjoyable home base for your Island adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your OHANA Waikiki East Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana East Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana East Honolulu
- OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu