We had stayed at Ohana East 2 years ago in a package deal and really liked the hotel, so on our return visit, we requested this hotel again, and got it. Often times that can be a mistake, but not in this case. Previously we had a room on the 17th floor, with a view of the mountains to the left and a view of the ocean to the right, with the room overlooking a small park. This time we got a room on the 11th floor with a view overlooking the pool, and another hotel. Who cares? We weren't in the room for much more than sleeping anyway.
Any hotel employee we spoke with was quite cordial and professional, with a slight exception of a person at the Activities Desk, who seemed to be perturbed by questions, but later a much nicer person was manning the desk.
Anyway, from the front of the hotel, you can be on the beach with a five minute walk. Kuhio, which runs beside the hotel, has many restaurants to choose from if you don't want to venture out too far. Also there are some great eating bargains on this street if you just look. Though I would not recommend Perry's Smorgy, across from the hotel, for anything except a cheap breakfast. Buses and shuttles to just about everything pick up just across the street on Kuhio. Shopping of just about any price range is within short walking distances. I can't imagine a better location.
Though this room was a little smaller than the one we had previous, there was plenty of room for the two of us to be comfortable and not have our luggage in the way. The room safe had been free on our previous visit but now at three dollars a day, you can make the determination on how much you want to use it. We encountered no noise in our room, so we were very happy with that. As for the hookers, they only seem to be working on weekends, and it's not like they block the hotel or anything, so they are not really a problem.
If we are to return to Oahu some day, we'll definately check for available rooms at Ohana East before we check any other hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHANA(R) Hotels by Outrigger is our mid-tier, off-beach leisure brand where guests will find local hospitality and convenience in paradise. Located in central Waikiki, this Waikiki hotel is just a 7-minute stroll to Waikiki Beach, next door to The International Marketplace and one block from Kalakaua Avenue's shopping and entertainment. OHANA Waikiki East provides safe, clean and well maintained mid-tier accommodation proudly supported by long serving hosts, many who have been with the Outrigger family for over thirty years. OHANA Waikiki East is unlike beachfront resorts where you may choose to spend your time indoors. Rather, it is an enjoyable home base for your Island adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your OHANA Waikiki East Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana East Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana East Honolulu
- OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu