This hotel had the cheapest rates for the New Year's holiday. It is a basic hotel, not so fancy like the Moana or others directly on the beach, but it was comfortable. Check-in was quick and there's a lot of shops and amenities on site, like a barber, swim shop, souvenir shop, coffee, Round table pizza (great specials for happy hour) ...
Stayed on the 3rd floor and was able to look out over the busy streets. This was a non-smoking hotel but I smoked outside by the railings, saw other guests doing this too. No one really enforced it, as long as you had your lanai door closed.
The shower stall was super-really-small! Yikes! The smallest ever, but who cares, it gave good water pressure. Otherwise my room was super roomy, with two double beds, lounge chair, desk chairs and a decent size refrigerator! The only thing missing was a microwave, but with so many food options within walking distance, it was not needed. Free WIFI in the room was spotty, but otherwise worked well when needed. TV was decent, spent most of the day out and about, at the beach and sightseeing.
Neighbors were a bit noisy but I travel with earplugs and this was not an issue at all. The beds were decent, AC worked fine.
Complimentary computers in the lobby to print out our boarding passes. The only annoying thing was the elevators, you have to stick your room key in and quickly press the buttons or else you'll ride the elevators to the other floors. I don't like housekeeping to come to my room during my stay, took out my own trash, gave them tips when I needed extra towels, toilet paper and tissues. From that day on, whenever they saw me, they asked if I needed anything else. I politely told them no, but they were always very accommodating to me.
Overall, a great value in expensive Waikiki and it can be had if you book in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHANA(R) Hotels by Outrigger is our mid-tier, off-beach leisure brand where guests will find local hospitality and convenience in paradise. Located in central Waikiki, this Waikiki hotel is just a 7-minute stroll to Waikiki Beach, next door to The International Marketplace and one block from Kalakaua Avenue's shopping and entertainment. OHANA Waikiki East provides safe, clean and well maintained mid-tier accommodation proudly supported by long serving hosts, many who have been with the Outrigger family for over thirty years. OHANA Waikiki East is unlike beachfront resorts where you may choose to spend your time indoors. Rather, it is an enjoyable home base for your Island adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your OHANA Waikiki East Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana East Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana East Honolulu
- OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu