Since it is the holidays and I didn't want to be spending unnecessary amounts of money on something that seemed somewhat frivolous, I asked a girlfriend of mine for some hotels that were reasonable.
She told me to check out the Internet (duh! what a concept!) for affordable hotel rooms for us to stay overnight...so I did!
Ohana Waikiki East popped up online as an affordable choice so I called reservations and had a really awesome customer service rep who helped me out. He informed me that they couldn't guarantee the type of beds (I requested two double beds), however that he could put a really hard request in for it and it would be dependent on what was available during check in.
So flash forward to check in. I called the hotel about 2 hours in advance to confirm my reservation was made and the person who answered the phone was super nice. She said yes. I also asked her where parking was and she gave me details and parking price.
My girlfriend and I checked in and the woman at the counter (I am kicking myself that I didn't get her name!) and another fellow (also kicking myself on not getting HIS name!), were AWESOME! They were good fun, friendly, nice, accommodating, informative, everything you want to experience when checking into a hotel room.
We talked stories and they even upgraded our rooms, how cool is that?!
We had a view of the ocean and some city life, perfect! The room was spacious with a kitchenette and two double beds! We were both happy campers.
The room also had 2 televisions, a couch and pretty much everything you would want from a hotel room.
The location of the hotel was also perfect. Right in line with taxi cabs, walking distance to cool nightclubs and restaurants and a parking lot that was easy to get in and out of.
We were both extremely impressed, pleased and overall completely satisfied with everything.
I am SO glad that we stayed here and if I ever do a staycation or consider another 'girls night on the town' again, I will definitely book this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHANA(R) Hotels by Outrigger is our mid-tier, off-beach leisure brand where guests will find local hospitality and convenience in paradise. Located in central Waikiki, this Waikiki hotel is just a 7-minute stroll to Waikiki Beach, next door to The International Marketplace and one block from Kalakaua Avenue's shopping and entertainment. OHANA Waikiki East provides safe, clean and well maintained mid-tier accommodation proudly supported by long serving hosts, many who have been with the Outrigger family for over thirty years. OHANA Waikiki East is unlike beachfront resorts where you may choose to spend your time indoors. Rather, it is an enjoyable home base for your Island adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your OHANA Waikiki East Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana East Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana East Honolulu
- OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu