Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Westin.com
$420
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$169
$203
$159
Priceline
3,279 results
All reviewsfree breakfastwaikiki beachthe breakfast areakimchiyogurtself parkingabc storeacross the streettwo blocksocean viewdiamond headhonolulu zooevery morningpineapplesofa bedthird floorbeach towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I couldn't say enough good things about this hotel!

From the time that I booked my reservation until check-out, I was very impressed by the service and the quality of the hotel. I came here on a girls trip, with my mom, best friend, and her mom and all four of us really enjoyed our time at Hyatt Place Waikiki. We booked deluxe rooms and the staff were able to accommodate our request for connecting rooms. These rooms were very large, tastefully decorated, and the housekeeping for a "select service" hotel was spot-on. We enjoyed breakfast every morning, which tasted great and was also a nice way to start off our mornings. The staff here are equally as important to mention--everyone from reservations, valet, reception, housekeeping, bartenders, and cooks were extremely nice and seemed to be having a good time. We called down a couple times to request things and the staff were always friendly and eager to help. Special mention to the person that checked us out, he was one of the nicest people that I have encountered in my travels! I only wish he was wearing a name tag so I could have mentioned him here!

One thing I will say, is if you are deciding between here and one of the Waikiki resorts... I have stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, and I didn't miss the pool scene whatsoever--after all we were in Hawaii and enjoying the beaches!

Another thing to mention is that this hotel is not on the beach, but we thoroughly enjoyed our walk down to the thick of Waikiki every morning! Maybe it's a 10 minute walk, but it's definitely not a site for sore eyes. There is also a $12 parking lot across from the hotel (with in and out privileges)--really you can't beat this place!

Room Tip: go for the deluxe room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ECN415
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Although the hotel employees were very helpful, the stay was unpleasant because the mattress sagged, the pillows gave no support, a light near the wall-mounted air conditioning unit flashed randomly throughout the night, and an alarm clock went off early in the morning blaring loud music. Room was advertised as "ocean view" but other buildings mostly blocked the view. Breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Mywifeyshiguy
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at Hyatt Place for 6 nights in April 2013. Reading all the reviews here and looking at the pictures, I obviously had my expectations too high.
I read the hotel was renovated in 2012 and I was disappointed - the hotel just didn't looked renovated at all to me. It just looked old inside - the walls,the carpets, the furniture, the bathroom, the bath room accessories - everything looked cheap... and our room was s
Other than that, I had no complaints, everything was great - the staff was so polite and friendly, there was free breakfast and the pool area was large enough. Location was perfect.
I would recommend this hotel and we left content with our choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed a week at this Hotel at the far end of Waikiki Beach where it is quieter but has less in the way of restaurants and cafe's. The hotel itself is what you would expect for a Hyatt in a busy holiday location, the room was large enough, clean and tidy. Our only disappointment was that the bathroom was on the small side with only the toilet and shower behind a door, after using the toilet you had to come out to wash in the vanity. Not the ideal setup. Staff were fine and we enjoyed our stay. The bus stop was within a 2 minute walk, very handy. We did find the hotels in Hawaii on the expensive side. As for the free breakfast we only used this once and that was on the first morning. It was a buffet and the "hot" food looked and tasted like plastic. However, we found a hotel with a great breakfast within a 5 minute walk, eggs any style, bacon and hash browns much more to our taste, but of course at $12 a head. Our holiday was great, relaxing and the weather was good all week, no rain.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Aloha BERTIE14,
Mahalo for your review. It pleases us to read that you enjoyed our quiet location at the end of Waikiki Beach, but regret it our guest bathroom layout and a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast offerings were not to your liking. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again and exceed your expectations.
Mahalo nui loa,
Guest Services

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Place for 7 days with husband and 3 year old and it was fantastic. Just a 2 mins walk to Kuhio beach (perfect calm water for kids) made it a great location. Smaller boutique-type hotel that offered complimentary warm breakfast each morning (eggs, waffles, french toast, bagels, yogurt, cereals, pastries, fruit, etc) was convenient and very good. Rooms were clean and modern and beds were super comfy. All the staff we encountered were friendly! Thanks to Lucy for the upgrade upon arrival and Allison for allowing a later checkout on a ridiculously busy day for the hotel. We would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to friends and family. Price was also great!

Room Tip: we were on the second floor so traffic was loud, so ask for a higher floor. But honestly, we were so tired each night after a full day in the sun and heat, we passed right out on the comfy beds!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Aloha HeartsNY,
Mahalo for your review. We are thrilled to read that you had a fantastic stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. It is nice to hear that Lucy provided you with a complimentary upgrade upon your arrival. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon and sincerely appreciate you recommending us to friends and family.
Mahalo nui loa,