This winter, I spent two weeks at this property. As a frequent Honolulu visitor, I have enjoyed many hotels there, but I would say this was my favorite. The staff is great. Very friendly and helpful. Being I was there for 14 days, many came to recognize me. Josephine, the housekeeper on my floor was a great plus to my visit. She tried to learn my schedule and clean while I was out. She was very friendly. I developed a fever one night and the next day, she made it a point of changing my linens.
Reading some of the reviews before I visited, I was concerned about the room size, but mine was great. Very spacious and well designed. The bathroom itself is just a shower and toilet and rather small, but there is a nice vanity outside that makes up for it. The bed and sofa were very comfortable and there is a good sized desk and workspace.
The breakfast was a great benefit. Very plentiful and the hot items seem to change frequently during my stay. The outdoor space was lovely, but just don't feed the birds.
The hotel also had a very comfortable lobby; a four station complimentary computer station; a gift shop; a tour desk; a well equipped gym; a smaller pool (why use when I could take a short walk to the beach!); a coin-operated laundry and a sundeck.
My favorite amenity was the lobby cafe. You could order food from their cafe menu 24/7 (sandwiches, soups, salads, deserts, etc), as well as a full size bar (never used). The staff there was great and I had some great meals.
The location of the hotel was strong. Very close to the beach and near the Zoo and Diamond Head. My balcony gave me a nice view of the latter.
The only downside I encountered was the elevator service. There were only two elevators in my 20+ floor tower. During breakfast or at peek times, you could wait a long time for the cars to come. Also, being that the housekeeping and maintenance staff are use these same two elevators, it created many traffic jams.
Other than that, I would highly recommend this location. In fact, I have already booked my room for my next trip to Honolulu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Valet parking: $32 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu