The Hyatt Place Waikiki Place is one of the more reasonably priced hotels and for what we paid, it was very good. The room itself (we got the deluxe room) was spacious with a nice seating area, nicely decorated with modern amenities. The vanity area is separate from the actual bath and toilet itself which was convenient allowing one of us to brush our teeth or to get ready while the other can use the washroom. Very limited counter space though. The bad: there's a lot of noise from the street. I believe our room faced a firestation near by and some bus stops so we could hear the sirens and the bus coming and going at night, even up on the 19th floor. Upon check-in, there was only 2 staff working and unfortunately for us a large tour group had just pulled in and the wait time for assistance was quite lengthy. This is a very busy (not to mention large) hotel and could use more elevators as the wait time for the only 2 elevators took forever. Parking in Waikiki is generally very expensive but we did park across the street in a parkade for $12/day which is much better than the $25/day valet offered at the hotel.
The wifi was included with the room rate and pretty reliable, and the included breakfast was convenient, and decent, including a few hot items including hot breakfast sandwiches. Not fantastic, but good for a morning snack. Given the abundance of good eats on the Waikiki strip, we went out for breakfast more often than not.
All in all a pleasant stay, would come back to stay for sure, assuming they don't drastically jack up their prices once they'be been around for a bit longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu