“Great place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The good:
Close to beach, buss restaurants, shopping.
Breakfast included in the price.
Clean rooms.
Nice staff and helping.
The bad:
Noise from the street is terrible in the morning
Same food for breakfast(frozen fruits and no meat)

Room Tip: Stay away from the mountain view NOISE!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Claude_Fun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hyatt Place Waikiki was such a wonderfully inviting hotel. The open air lobby is beautiful- and our room was so spacious and clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel is great- very close to the beach and some shops. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and informative. The hotel has a great business center with computers and printers ready for your use so that printing out boarding passes or whatever else you need is very easy. The breakfast they offer was absolutely wonderful. Lots of fresh fruit, warm breakfast sandwiches, and pastries as well as yogurt and cottage cheese. One of my favorite offerings was the kim chee and white rice with soy sauce. Not what you see on typical breakfast buffets- but very warm and comforting to try in the morning.
Do not hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wanderlustfamily17
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Aloha marmerdave,
Mahalo for your review. We are thrilled you found the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach to be beautiful and inviting. Our guests rave about our friendly staff and spacious guest rooms. Glad you were able to experience these unique features firsthand. It would be a pleasure to invite you back upon your next return to Waikiki Beach.
Alberta
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Once again, the Hyatt name did not disappoint. We stayed for one week in January 2013. We had an ocean view king room on the 12th floor. The room was great. We had a large balcony with two chairs and a little table. The bed was really comfortable, which, anyone who travels will know that the comfort of a bed can make or break a vacation. The room also had a large screen tv, and a comfortable couch. A full Breakfast was included in the price of the room. The food was excellent. If you don't mind the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, then I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JLP1989
Aloha JLP1989,
Mahalo for your review and choosing to stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. We are thrilled you enjoyed your ocean view king guest room and modern amenities. Thank you for highly recommending our hotel to fellow readers and travelers.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location, and while the rooms are small and the pool is smaller, the ambiance of the hotel makes up for it. The breakfast is ok but if you happen to have a windy day, not the best location. I had a late flight out so the front desk accommodated me with the use of one of their rooms for 1/2 hour to freshen up before my flight. Nice touch at no cost. Definetly a return for me!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Hanky53
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Aloha Hanky53,
Mahalo for your review. We are delighted to hear that our hotel personnel was able to provide you with a room to freshen up before your flight. We can't wait to welcome you back again in the future.
Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Firstly I'd like to say that this is a genuine review. All too often I find reviews which vary so widely and are written such that it leads to believe the hotel staff wrote the review. I am member of the American Armed Forces with over 22 years active duty. I decided to visit Waikiki, Hawaii during my holiday leave period.
Now onto my review. There is really only a few key things that make a hotel great. The first two are fairly straight forward and they are facility and location. The Hyatt Place Waikiki Hotel has both of those and then some. Only a short 2 - 4 minute walk to the waters edge of Waikiki beach location is about as good as it gets. The ocean view rooms have a near unobstructed view of the ocean. As for the facility, this is where I was very impressed. The rooms were modern and well stocked. Refrigerator, large 42" LED HD television equipped with what appears to be a new version of LodgeNet. I have never seen or used LodgeNet before but I am sold on it. New movies and a large selection of SatTV stations including three ESPN channels, CNN, FOX and many more well known stations. This system made the evenings I decided to stay in very pleasant. The rest of the room was stocked with what one would expect... coffee maker, complementary water, coffee mugs, tea ect. The only shortfall, and it is a very MINOR one is that that is almost not worth mentioning... there is no microwave in the room. There was an instance where I wanted to reheat a sandwich I purchased from a local steak and cheese shop, ended up eating it cold (Matters not because it was still delicious) The lobby was very nicely furnished with plenty of seating, and a café which was open 24/7. All menu items were available at any time day or night. Not to mention the food was pretty darn good. Also in the hotel lobby was a small bar if anyone wanted a nightcap or even a cold beer during the day. The one and very minor shortfall here is that it was not a fully stocked bar. So only basic mixed drinks and domestic beers were available. I am not much of a drinker so definitely no negative points here from me, just letting anyone who reads this how things are. The pool was small(ish) and pretty basic but there is plenty of sunbathing space and lounging chairs. Near the pool area is where the complementary breakfast is served (continental breakfast is available in the hotel lobby) Omelets, breakfast biscuits (which were amazing!), cerials, coffee, fresh fruits and all the trimmings... excellent breakfast I must say.
Lastly the staff. Here is where most hotels in my opinion fall short. The staff here take their job seriously. Their upbeat attitudes, big welcoming smiles and eager to provide the best service I've seen at any hotel. Everyone from the first moment I set foot on the property, has been top notch. I would go into details to explain how they have made my stay so fantastic but the list would just go on and on. The entire staff at this hotel starting at the graveyard shift reception desk, to the maids who do a fantastic job keeping the rooms in order and stocked, to the cooks and hotel manager. Every single staff member I encountered seemed genuinely happy to be working at this hotel and it showed in their service.
I mentioned I am a 22 year United States Military service member. Good people working for any organization is never as simple as "Finding" good people. A great staff is a product of great leadership and a great environment fostered by the hotel leadership. Although I was not able to meet and congratulate the hotel management for doing such a fantastic job I only hope they are able to see this message and receive my gratitude. You've made a loyal customer out of me. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: every room is fantastic. If view is something you're looking for, ask for a room 10th floor and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Craig F
Aloha Craig F.,
Mahalo for your spectacular review and we proudly solute you for your serving our county. It was a true pleasure reading your recap of your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. We pride ourselves on our superior hospitality efforts here, and many of our guests confirm this in their reviews. It gives us tremendous joy to hear that we have made a loyal customer out of you! We can't wait to welcome you back again in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel offers the tourist everything they could need: clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, free wifi & free breakfast. Breakfast is great - not just standard continental items, but also things like cheese and ham toasties.
They have a small pool, but most guests are down at the beach (borrow a towel for free from reception desk), which is just a block away
Ask for a room with ocean views. We were on level 11 and faced the ocean, which was nice (but would be better if two beachfront hotels weren't in the way!).
Walk to shopping, restaurants. Drink at Tiki bar, which is on the corner closest to beach, and if you have time and energy, I recommend doing the mountain walk to Diamond Head mountain - an old volcano with walking trail. 3 mile walk from hotel, so a 2 hour round trip. Views are worthwhile, I promise.
Wifi quality in hotel is excellent. They also allowed us to check in early (at 10am), which after a 10 hour flight, we were very grateful for! Hotel also has concierge desk, with friendly guys who can help plan your activities. It's cheaper to book them from Hawaii (as opposed to through your travel agent at home), so I recommend leaving it to the guys here.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Lee W
Aloha Lee W,
Mahalo for your review. We are thrilled to hear that the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach offered everything you needed during your recent stay. The Expedia Tour Desk does a spectacular job assisting our guests with planning their daily activities. Thank you for recommending our services to fellow readers and travelers. It would be a pleasure to serve you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 6, 2013

POOR DESIGN CONSTRUCTION: On the main floor, the hotel has areas open to the outside from the lobby floor through the hallways which, in windy conditions common to the rainy season, creates a wind tunnel. In my 2nd floor room, this created an unreal and bizarre amount of noise, varying from a low loud moan to a high-pitched scream that completely drowned out music and the television, even set to a high volume. As a heavy sleeper that rarely has difficulty resting, I could barely sleep. What little sleep brought unpleasant dreams incorporating the noise. Finally, early in the morning, I inquired at the front desk and was THEN told to put a towel at the base of the door. This did indeed reduce the wind vacuuming into the room, cutting out about 90% of the noise. Sadly, this came too late to be any help for me when I left exhausted for 2 days of flights. This seemed to be a common complaint (based on how the front desk responded to me) so why hasn't the hotel put in some kind of door seal or at the least advise guests beforehand?

Otherwise, the hotel was decent, clean, with nicely appointed rooms, typical comfortable Hyatt beds, and polite staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JUngmo
Aloha JUngmo,
Mahalo for your review. We regret to learn if the layout of our hotel did not exceed expectations during your stay. Also, it disappoints us to hear if the neighboring noise disrupted your sleep. We wish you would have brought this to our attention during your stay, so that we could have re-assigned your guest room. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back for a much improved stay if given the opportunity.