This hotel offers the tourist everything they could need: clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, free wifi & free breakfast. Breakfast is great - not just standard continental items, but also things like cheese and ham toasties.
They have a small pool, but most guests are down at the beach (borrow a towel for free from reception desk), which is just a block away
Ask for a room with ocean views. We were on level 11 and faced the ocean, which was nice (but would be better if two beachfront hotels weren't in the way!).
Walk to shopping, restaurants. Drink at Tiki bar, which is on the corner closest to beach, and if you have time and energy, I recommend doing the mountain walk to Diamond Head mountain - an old volcano with walking trail. 3 mile walk from hotel, so a 2 hour round trip. Views are worthwhile, I promise.
Wifi quality in hotel is excellent. They also allowed us to check in early (at 10am), which after a 10 hour flight, we were very grateful for! Hotel also has concierge desk, with friendly guys who can help plan your activities. It's cheaper to book them from Hawaii (as opposed to through your travel agent at home), so I recommend leaving it to the guys here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Valet parking: $32 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu