Let me first preface with saying that I HATE staying in Wakiki. Took this trip to get my mileage for the year and had some hyatt points to burn so ended up staying at this hotel. It's actually in a really good spot (if you like wakiki) towards the end of the stip and right next to the honolulu zoo. Rooms were great...very good size, comfortable, clean and most importantly to me had a good selection of television channels :)
Parking (as is everywhere in wakiki) is kind of a pain but not intolerable. Very reasonable parking garage just across the street for 12 bucks a day in and out as much as you like. Valet at hotel was 25 a day so I only used it for my last day to avoid lugging (no pun intended) my luggage to the car.
I only had two negatives to bring up and both are mostly minor. First, the hotel elevators are insaneeeeeely slow. Spent a good amount of time waiting for an elevator. I was on the 10th but it might as well been 100th for the time I spent waiting. Secondly and a little more to be concerned about is the shower sliding glasses. My first day there I almost broke my fingers due to the way the handles operate. I mentioned it to the staff but thought you should be aware of it.
Overall though, great place to stay if you're in the wakiki area. Oh...and they offer a free hot breakfast which helps cut the costs of eating downtown....that alone for a family is worth $50 or more a day.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu