We weren't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor, but this Hyatt Place definitely exceeded our expectations. Great service, free WiFi, and a complimentary breakfast were just three of the highlights from our three-night stay. The hotel is located just two blocks from the beach, and our room was huge.
Some reviewers have complained about the breakfast area because it's outside and the food attracts birds, which is true. However, it wasn't a major problem and we were able to enjoy our breakfast. There was also plenty of room to eat during our stay, although I can imagine that space could be an issue during busy periods.
If you decide to self-park, you'll pay $12/day at a lot that's not associated with the hotel and located across the street. We did this the first two days and it worked fine. On the third day, the lot was full and we ended up using the hotel's valet service, which is $25/day. Ideally, the hotel would have it's own lot for self-parking, but it wasn't a big deal. When you're just two blocks from the beach, it's hard to complain about paying $25 to park.
Overall, we were surprised the Hyatt Place wasn't ranked even higher in TripAdvisor's list of Waikiki hotels. The room rate can be a little high, but it's certainly competitive with other hotels in the area. We didn't experience a single problem mentioned in some of the reviews, and we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Valet parking: $32 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu