We stayed at this hotel for four nights last week and were extremely happy with it. Paid a few bucks to upgrade, completely worth the more spacious room (King View with separate living area, views of Diamond Head and the ocean). Very clean, renovated/modern furnishings, breakfast was free, staff is friendly, everything was comfortable and easy. TV was a good size, free HBO.
I was there with my hubby and 7 mo baby, so my opinion is based on family friendliness. The closest beach (two blocks) is great for families with little ones because it is less crowded and there’s a surf breaker, so the water is very calm, shallow, and warm. The adjacent beach, San Souci, is also fantastic and less touristy. The hotel provided us with a “crib” (which was really a generic brand pack n play) that was less than stellar – the mattress didn’t fit properly (about 3 inches too short!) and was lumpy. I stuffed the extra blanket under the crib sheet and used it for the baby to play in but didn’t let her sleep in it. However, I saw newer looking Graco pack n plays in the hallway, so maybe we got stuck with the last junky one. There is also a mini fridge in the room which was extremely helpful for storing milk for pumping mamas.
My only complaints were the lack of a bathtub and the loud AC. Without a tub, I had to bathe my baby in the sink or in the standing shower. Not the end of the world but a tub would’ve been a lot easier. It could be a challenge for small children because the shower head is pretty high, or maybe there are rooms with tubs that I’m unaware of. Like other reviewers noted, the AC is loud and next to the bed. Slightly annoying, but would not deter me from staying here again. The pool is small and uninviting. We prefer the beach so it wasn’t an issue, but if you are looking for good pool/lounging time I would go elsewhere. Overall we were very happy with our stay and would definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu