Smallest room I have ever stayed in anywhere, and we upgraded! Speaking of upgrade, the promised "ocean-view" was about 50 yards of beach and ocean between some pretty ugly buildings. This when we were only one floor from the top.
The pool, for this large hotel, is a very simple, ugly, conrete square about 10'x20'. It wouldn't even be a "nice" or decent pool in a lower-middle class backyard in the suburbs. No hot tub at all plus no bathtub. Really wanted to soak my foot after getting a big cut on the coral. Plus, soaking is just relaxing, and that's what vacation is about, right?
The provided breakfast was fairly good, but you had better plan on eating it in your tiny room because there is only covered seating for about 20 people. If it isn't blazing hot sitting in the direct sun and eating or pouring rain (one of which is almost guaranteed), there are dozens of birds walking (and popping) all over the tables and looking to raid your plate.
Staff was good. Valet parking was fast and convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Valet parking: $32 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu