3,551 results
All reviewsfree breakfastwaikiki beachthe breakfast areakimchiyogurtself parkingacross the streettwo blocksocean viewabc storediamond headhonolulu zooevery morningpineapplethird floorsofa bedbeach towels
Reviewed August 29, 2012

for first timers to HNL I thought this was good location, walking distance to most we picked up a car rental for couple of days to check out the dole plantation and visit the north side of the island. its across the street from the beach. surprised at the amount of homeless type near by. Pool was a bit on the smaller size seeing how big the hotel was. Staff was great rooms had great views and clean. did the tourist thing this time I don't think I would stay here again not because of the hotel but because of the tourist mecca this part of Honolulu.

Room Tip: facing the ocean
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ctheworld1
KokuaHospitality, Guests services at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Aloha Guest,

Mahalo for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Since you last stay in October 2011, we have completed renovations at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to check out our contemporary accommodations and complimentary amenities.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed 12 nights the prices for the room were very reasonable. Initially worried about the location on the map it seems farther away from everything, but for us it was awesome close to a nice quite beach, just on the edge of hectic Waikiki, close to Kapiolani park and we walked to Diamond Head and right on all necessary bus routes. Hotel is very quite, clean, nicely decorated/furnished and the king size bed was super comfy. We had an ocean facing view and we were on the 4th floor and could just see a little bit of the Ocean. Front desk staff suggested checking with us to see if later there would be a room on a higher floor, we did check one time, but really there was not much wrong with the 4th floor, so decided to just stay there.
I think they do a great job with customer service, everyone is super friendly and the fact that breakfast and in room wifi are included and printing (for those google maps) is free too.
Would highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Moira G
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We spent two nights at the Hyatt Place Waikiki and enjoyed it. It is about two blocks from the beach in a central location. As others have posted, the free breakfast has lots of choices-more than what appears on the hotel website--with two kinds of egg sandwiches, one of which is open faced on a bagel thin, waffles or french toast, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal. There were also breakfast choices for Japanese guests. As a Hyatt diamond we were upgraded to a king ocean view--this meant we were on a high floor and could see the ocean through openings in the buildings in front of the hotel. Our room was small--it was not a problem for us as we had only carry-on luggage but if you are staying a longer time you may want to get confirmation of room size. There is a refrigerator in the room and a huge flatscreen tv--46 inches. The bed was very comfortable. Hotel staff was courteous and helpful, there were lots of restaurants and shopping in walking distance.

If you use foursquare and have a linked American Express card for promotions, keep an eye out for these promotions (for example, spend $10 get a $5 statement credit) in the area when you use the linked American Express card. We found the hotel was one, Wolfgang Puck Express a block away and Jimmy Buffett's Margarittaville.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and quiet room
Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SilverSpringer
KokuaHospitality, Guests services at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Aloha SilverSpringer,

Mahalo for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the plethora of A.M. Kitchen Skillet items available to you in the Guest Kitchen. It is always a bonus to be upgraded upon your arrival, and we are happy to hear you had a fantastic ocean view. Most guests are very impressed with our large guest room sizes, but apologize if this was not the case with you. Thank you for sharing your insider tips on Foursquare, readers will greatly appreciate this helpful information.

Mahalo,

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed 4 nights. Upgraded to ocean view room. Clean, new, spacious, complimentary breakfast messy but useful. Clientele is easy but place is upscale. Very Good value for money? Online minus, noise from the street and it Was 11th floor...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank italian_journalist
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Booking: I made my booking via American Airlines vacations which brought the rate in the $100/night range which is about right for this property...maybe a little more but definitely wouldnt pay the rate via the Hyatt site at about $190/night as there are better properties in that price range.

Arrival: I took the bus fromt the airport as I was traveling all by myself this trip and very light which worked out ok given the price of $2.50. Usually I use a private taxi service in Honolulu but I had the time and decided to save the money. It took about 1hr 10min and the bus drops off right on the corner across from the Hyatt Place with no transfer needed.

Check In: They guy that checked me in was very professional and thorough and gave all the info one would need without needing to ask.

Room: I had room x19 in the Diamond Tower. It was a small room with a King bed but I didnt find it too small especially for one person. If it was me and my wife and we had a couple of big bags it would have gotten crowded for sure. The biggest let down for me was the small lanai...not very much space at all so if you want to sit out and enjoy the fresh air there isnt much space especially for one person. I am coming back this weekend and will try for a room in the other tower as I think they have bigger lanais. The room has plenty of power plugs which is a HUGE plus and the TV has plenty of connections in case you bring your own entertainment. I found the bed comfortable and slept good. The chair with ottoman is comfortable and actually looked liked it pulled out to a single bed. The shower had "OK" water pressure and there was no tub. I do not like the carpet in the sink area but the Hyatt Regency has the same setup and I think it is crazy but whatever. My room also looked directly into the Ewa hotel but you will have that with this location. In all, the room is good with the exception of the lanai and the size.

Internet: It is included with your room at this property and it worked surprisingly good. Usually you get what you pay for with regards to internet but no issues here. I used wired in the room and the wifi and both worked fine. They provide a wifi code when you check in.

Breakfast: I was only here a couple of days and I usually have breakfast at Lulu's up the street but did check it out one morning and it looked ok for the price but the place was a bit of a zoo and just headed on over to my usual location. The breakfast is located on the 3rd floor essentially using the pool area.

Dining: They have the usual Hyatt Place menu for various cooked items (microwaved is my guess?). They also had a happy hour during the evening but I did not try it out to check out the prices. There was live entertainment on Friday till about 9PM. Here is a link that has a menu of food items. http://i.waikiki.place.hyatt.com/

Pool Area: The pool was really useless. You could fit a few people in there at the most so I would just go to the big pool down the street.....the ocean.

Location: Best location, no. Good location, yes. You are just a couple of minutes from the beach and just a few more minutes walk to the central waikiki beach area. This property is on Kuhio which is usually a negative for me but it is at the end of Kuhio so you a bit away from the more crowded and somewhat les desirable area of Kuhio (in my opinion). A big plus is this property is almost across the street from the Banyan parking which is about the cheapest place to park in Waikiki so you dont have to walk far to get your car if you drive.

Service: Ok, this is not like other Hyatt Place properties as it is really closer to a full service property. They have people to help with bags, concierge etc. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and couldnt ask for more with regards to service.

Conclusion: I think this is a very solid option in Waikiki and seems to be very well run and has a lot of benefits to staying here. I will be returning next weekend and will decide after that stay if I want to bring my family here for a longer stay later this year as I just am not sure the rooms are big enough for my in-laws. Having a friendly and helpful staff goes a long way though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Tim M
KokuaHospitality, Guests services at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Aloha Mcgahat,

Mahalo for your detailed review. Honest comments like yours are very efficacious to help us learn and grow as a team. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you are coming back to the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach soon. We offer different types of rooms, each one of them has a different size and can accommodate up to four persons in the same room. We will be pleased to find something to accommodate your family, and can't wait to welcome you back.

Mahalo Nui Loa,