We spent a week at this hotel in March, 2012 (myself, teenage son, teenage daughter) and found it to be excellent, especially as we got a terrific rate since the hotel was just renovated and opened under a new name/hotel line. I don't know what it previously had been, but I believe it was completely "re-done."
The room was perfect for our needs! We had two double beds, plus the couch pulled out to a bed, which was handy since my teens are both nearly full-grown and this allowed us to not have to squeeze in and share. Mini-fridge in room was very helpful, as was the coffee maker. The morning breakfast was VERY wonderful! The fresh berry/fruit mix was incredibly yummy and, when added ontop of the yogurt, was so delish! They had a couple of different breakfast sandwiches each day that were also yummy, as well as a few other items to choose from. Free wifi was well used and love by all of us! business center downstairs worked well most of the time. staff were usually very friendly & helpful.
I absolutely loved the lobby area, which is "open" and had a pretty waterfall wall and nice seating areas. They have the most wonderful aroma as you enter the hotel area! I commented to the desk staff that I loved it!!!! I was told it is specific to this hotel chain and I could look it up because you can purchase it---which I might do! It was heavely!
Location of this hotel was fine for us, but it is quite a bit down on the one end of Waikiki, which some may not realize or appreciate. Since my kids are teens and we're all in good shape, we didn't mind the walking at all when we wanted to head to other areas and liked being just a block and a half (or two?) across from the beach. Location worked very well for us. If I had as good of a deal as before, I would NOT hesitate at all to stay at this hotel again.....it was perfect and made for a very memorable trip for my kids, who had never been to Hawaii before!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Self parking: $25 daily fee. Valet parking: $30 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu