3,546 results
All reviewsfree breakfastwaikiki beachthe breakfast areakimchiyogurtself parkingacross the streettwo blocksocean viewabc storediamond headhonolulu zooevery morningpineapplethird floorsofa bedbeach towels
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Room 1731 March 21-25, 2012 AND ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH! Spacious, clean and very comfortable at a fair price, what more can one ask for? Especially enjoyed the good breakfast each morning; that even on very busy days was replenished often so food always fresh and hot.
Starbuck's coffee and nice selection of Tazo tea available in the lobby from very early AM and also avail in the breakfast area during service hours. As stated elsewhere Aloha's and greetings were in abundance.
Mahalo, Hyatt Place for a wonderful stay and 30TH wedding anniversary celebration. LO Sherwood,Oregon

Room Tip: Upper floors for sure and don't leave your lanai door open or your sure to be awakened by ambulance/and or police sirens! With lanai closed room was reasonably quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LOinOregon
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear LOinOregon,
Happy belated 30th anniversary! Mahalo for choosing to stay at the all new Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. Glad you enjoyed our plentiful complimentary hot breakfast offered on a daily basis.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here March 17 – 22. I have two kids ages 5 and 8. Nice location: 5 minute walk to the beach, Zoo and Aquarium. Rooms are spacious for the kids to move around in and there is a mini fridge in the room. We had two queen beds and the sofa is a pull out. First day we had a room on the 7th floor next to the elevators. Very noisy due to construction next door so we asked for a room change. Front end staff moved us right away. The front end staff is great; Thomas and Kim are very helpful. Let them know where you’re going and they will give you some great pointers and good local places to eat that where inexpensive and good eats. The complimentary breakfast was really good, breakfast sandwiches where tasty, juices and milk are on a cold plate to keep them nice and cool. Food staff are always replenishing the food and keeping the place clean. This hotel also has no resort fee and gives you at no charge beach towels to use everyday.

I’m a electronics junky and this hotel has lots of plugs in the room. I have the kids ds games, camcorder, camera, tablets and phones to plug in and there was no problem finding a plugin. The free WiFi was the best I have seen in a hotel. Very fast. They also have computers for you to use in the lounge and printers so you can print out your boarding pass. I had problems printing my boarding passes and Thomas was nice enough to let me use his computer at the front desk.
I rented the car for the week and was lucky enough to find free parking around the hotel. Best time to find parking is around 4:30 – 5:30pm. Staff are finishing work and you might be lucky to find a spot.

Only negative things I can say is the cleaning staff could be better, elevators are slow and very windy at the pool and breakfast eating area.

Our room that we changed into had hair in the bathtub strainer and you could feel sand on the floor. I understand that everyone must bring a ton of sand back from the beach so it didn’t bother me that much.

The pool and breakfast area are together outside on the 3rd Floor. Very windy when eating breakfast. Try to get the seats closest to the breakfast food area. It’s a shame that they have a pool and its so windy and cold that hardly anyone uses this area. It looks nice and relaxing for the have a fireplace set up and lounge chairs to relax in. Maybe it’s the time of year we went that it’s not used.
Overall it a nice hotel close enough to the shops and beaches but far enough that it’s not so noisy from the crowds. I would definitely stay here again. In two weeks I’m staying at the Hyatt Place in Bellvue Washington because I enjoyed the Hyatt in Waikiki so much.

Thanks to all the staff that made our holiday fun!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LookylooVancouver

Dear LookylooVancouver,
Mahalo for your comprehensive review of the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. We will share your praises with Thomas and Kim, and they too will be thrilled to hear your comments as well. Glad to hear that you really enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast, especially the breakfast sandwiches. They are a very popular item among our guests. It gives us great satisfaction to hear that you had no trouble finding electrical outlets to charge your many gadgets. Our complimentary hotel-wide Wi-Fi is a great amenity to have, and we are happy to hear this was the best you've experienced. We will take your comments regarding our housekeeping services into consideration and address with our Executive Housekeeper. Sorry to hear if it was too windy to sit by the pool and eat breakfast. We were experiencing some windy weather during that time, and we apologize if any inconvenience. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back and be your preferred place to stay on future trips to Waikiki Beach.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I booked here on a hotwire deal for $100/night total during Pro Bowl weekend. The hotel is spacious and the staff is amazingly friendly. When I first checked in, I had a room facing Kuhio that was wheelchair accessible. Even though I didn't require it, It gave me more space so I figured it would be great! I showered quickly before heading out for the day and was horrified to see water EVERYWHERE! All the way into the carpet by the wardrobe outside the bathroom. I felt so bad and called the front desk to let them know what happened. I'm not a crazy extreme shower-taker, I didn't spray water everywhere, I swear! lol. Apparently they had had another issue similar to this and did not place any blame on myself, which I was very thankful for. The wheelchair accessible rooms have very different bathrooms with an open concept, and the water wasn't going into the drain in the center of the bathroom and instead had gone around and out the door. If you don't need it, make sure you don't get it! They moved me up to another room a few floors up facing the ocean. My room looked over the outdoor seating area and I had a nice view of the beach. There were no more shower mishaps from then on:).

I was nicely surprised by how spacious my room was. The couch/seating area is very nice, but then again the whole room was. The rooms somehow remind me of the Mirage in Las Vegas. Same decor I guess? The bed was soft and comfy, and I enjoyed how the wifi was fast and easy to get onto. Other guests were a little loud at night, it was like everyone on my floor had to slam their doors at least twice before settling in. Outside noise wasn't much of an issue other than that one typical drunk guy yelling into the night out on the street. At least he sounded happy.

The breakfast was another welcome surprise. I loved the hot breakfast sandwiches, and there was so much to choose from. Fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, cottage cheese, muffins, danishes. bagels, oatmeal.... and Starbucks coffee and I think it was Tazo tea. There was also a little area with rice and toppings for those guests visiting from Japan. Considering this is included in the price, this was wayyy better than what I've had in other hotels. The whole breakfast spot is very well kept... actually the whole hotel is. The pool is in the same area. I only went in it once, and I had it all to myself for an hour!

The whole staff make this hotel even better. I never once walked through the lobby without one of them saying "hi" or "aloha" with a big smile on their face. Oh, I also left an article of clothing in my old room and only discovered this late at night. Went down to the front desk, and they helped me go back up to get it, no hassle whatsoever.

Location is also great, I prefer staying on this side of Waikiki as I spend lots of time in the Diamond Head/Kaimana beach area. Parking on the other side of Kuhio in the Waikiki Banyan lot was $10/day with in and out, half the price of everywhere else I've stayed at. 5 mins to the beach and 10 to get to my other fave beach spot infront of the pink palace. I don't know if I could afford the normal "rack rate" for this hotel if staying by myself again, but I've already told tons of friends and family that they need to stay here if they find a good rate.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank midnight143

Dear midnight143,
Mahalo for sharing your lovely review with us. It sounds like you had a very memorable and enjoyable stay, except for the flooding episode that occurred in your first guest room. We apologize again for this situation, but glad that you were moved to a new guest room quickly. Our staff does an excellent job at exceeding our guest's expectations and going out of their way to make sure each guest feels the "Aloha Spirit" while staying here. Mahalo for recommending the all new Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach hotel to your friends and family. We look forward to being of service to you again!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

great location for walking to attractions, rooms were clean but the housekeeping staff tended to start extremely early and were unconcerned about the noise level. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only other negative would be the internet service we paid for was terrible in the room. Would would definitely recommend a stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rose s

Dear Rose S,
Thank you for your review. Our apologies if you were interrupted by our housekeeping staff, we will be sure to address this with our team. Just to clarify, we do not charge any of our guests for internet access in our hotel. Mahalo for recommending the all new Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach to fellow travelers.
Mahalo,

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Minuses:
Don't think any rooms have a view of the beach.
Far end (Zoo end) of Waikiki beach.
Breakfast was hardly worth having and finished early at 10AM
'Fitness Centre (not a 'Gym') had no cables, and only 1 bench with weights, plus some cardio equipment

Pluses:
Spacious and clean room
Much lower in price as compared with hotels at the other end of Waikiki beach
Breakfast and gym included in rate
Wifi included in the rate. Wifi was fast, trouble free and allowed for handheld and mobile devices to be connected
One of the more helpful concierge/reception members of staff assisted in finding a good restaurant
Most front desk members of staff were helpful, only one lady was rude and unhelpful

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank calumc

Dear calumc,
Mahalo for sharing your list of pluses and minuses with us. Just to clarify, our guest rooms do have a view of the beach, but only 114 guest rooms offer this option. Our apologies if the breakfast time caused any inconvenience during your stay. On the other hand, we are happy you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and competitive rate compared to other hotels.