My husband and I have stayed at a number of bed and breakfasts and and have had wonderful experiences but this was not one I can add to this list.
The Moana Valley Inn was dissapointing. The hosts were helpful but we felt they were weary of the whole B&B thing and were just biding time until they sell (The inn is on the market).
The house & decor would have been beautiful in its time but now looked tired, faded and unloved.
Breakfast was reasonable if you were one of the first to eat, if you were late you got left overs. Nothing was restocked in our experience. The location for breakfast on the back veranda had a wonderful view of Honolulu and it also over looked the garden which could have done with some loving attention.
There was no community sitting room which meant you were confined to your bedroom or the vernadah. We were not made aware of any tea/coffee making facilities outside of breadfast time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manoa Valley Inn is a Victorian Inn filled with European antiques with a bit of island flair. This Historic Country Inn is an Oahu landmark located in an exclusive area of Honolulu right by the University of Hawaii. The Manoa Valley Inn was built in 1912 and provides a luxurious and quiet experience away from the din of Waikiki for visitors and local residents alike. The Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The prestigious Country Inn is conveniently located within minutes of Waikiki and the downtown Honolulu business district, yet it is surrounded by the beauty, luxury, and serenity of Manoa Valley. Relax in the quiet of the peaceful and spacious veranda and soak up a bit of Hawaiian nostalgia from years gone by. Stay with us, it's a very special surprise. It is an intimate retreat that provides a unique alternative to resort living. The Manoa Valley Inn has six special, spacious rooms and a charming country cottage waiting for you. We are within walking distance to U.H. Manoa, bus lines, restaurants and theater. Relax in our tropical saltwater heated swimming pool with a soft flowing waterfall located in a secluded garden with many trees and flowers. Breakfast consists of island fresh fruits, yogurt, bread, muffins or bagels, cold cereal, coffee, tea & juice, as well as brown rice, oatmeal with plenty of assorted nuts and dried fruits, a variety of tofu dishes and stir fried vegetables .. eggs when served are from an organic farm run by a family member. We buy local products from local organic farms as much as possible.Our Inn has five permanent guests who are 4 friendly and playful dogs and 1 mysterious black cat! E Komo Mai... Come In, Join Us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Manoa Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoa Valley Hotel Honolulu
- Manoa Valley Inn Hawaii/Honolulu