If you wonder why there are no pictures of the front of the hotel on their website, it's because it looks like a small cheap motel from the outside. It is stuck in between some residential buildings, so the views from the balconies aren't that nice. Also, it's on Kuhio Ave, which is fine in the morning, but very shady and unsafe at night. Also, it does seem like it is catered to the Asian crowd, like another viewer said, because the hallways smell like Asian cooking. The rooms and bathrooms are very nicely renovated though. But it seems like they forgot to change the shower heads, which are very old and have lots of gunk stuck on it. I think it is very good for the price ($100 a night). But I would rather pay more to stay at a better location, where I would not be afraid to walk back to later than 10 PM.
Oh by the way, if you are renting a car, their parking lot is very small and cramped.
You can save $5 a day by parking next door (on the left) at their sister hotel, which has a large public parking lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside, The Lovin' Oven creates unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu