We stayed for 5 nights at the end of Jan 2007. Check-in was easy. Parking for 1st night was at the Pacific Monarch next door and 4 nights at Aqua Bamboo. Highly recommend a *compact* car for ease of parking in narrow spaces!
1 bedroom suite was ready when we arrived on the 8th floor, facing Kuhio. Noisy traffic emanated in both rooms via A/C units in exterior walls. We stayed with an 18 month old, so an extra room for naps was essential. Room was stylish, but obviously heavily used. Looked like newer carpets, floor tile and recently upgraded bath/shower area w/simulated marble counters & sink. Didn't go out on balcony since our toddler could slip between railing and fall.
Basically, we used the room for showering, changing and sleeping. Kitchen had electric stove-oven, fridge, sink, dishes, pots/pans, utensils, drinking glasses--no microwave. The cabinets were in poor condition. Hinges were coming off/loose, drawers didn't glide nicely and felt like they were going to slip out onto your foot if pulled out too far. Overall, everything was functional/useable and relatively clean, but heavily used.
Good closet space in bedroom. Actual bed seemed too squishy for me(110lb adult) , but served as an adequate place to sleep. I used the queen sofabed which was in the same condition as the kitchen cabinets. Mattress was uneven, mattress support system was barely holding together. I found common area a little quieter than the bedroom since there is only one exterior wall. I used earplugs some nights when the bus & people noise was bad.
Location was great since it's 2 blocks to the Wakiki beach and restaurants along there. We beached everyday, and saw friends in Kailua and ate out for lunch and dinners (Dukes Canoe Club, Keoni's, Me BBQ, Wolfgang Pucks Express). We bought food & water at the Kitchen Pantry 2 blocks away. It was easier to eat in for breakfast than go out with a toddler. We liked that the housekeeper came to sweep up sand and clean up the room every day we requested. We had no problems with waiting for the elevators. Pool area was clean, but too shaded for getting some sun. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast. Internet access was great for checking email,directions and attractionsout for the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside, The Lovin' Oven creates unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splitty, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu