“Absolutely wonderful and charming!”

Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed April 13, 2010

This hotel is just what we needed!! I am spending a semester in Hawaii for school, and my mom decided to come out and visit for a week! Since I live a couple miles from Waikiki, I thought I would tour the hotels downtown and try to find a nice one that I knew my mom and I would enjoy. Price was also a factor, so I went on other websites and got some rates before looking. Almost every hotel that I looked at (that was a reasonable price) was out-dated and not very clean. I then looked at the Bamboo and fell in love!!! The rooms are up-to-date, sleek-looking, and CLEAN. It's a couple blocks from the beach (not even a 5 minute walk), which was a perfect location and away from all the downtown chaos and crowds. My mom and I loved relaxing by the pool, especially at night. The bed was super comfortable too! It is a much smaller hotel than most, but it made it all the better because it wasn't a cluster scene at all. Joy is such a sweetheart and a great help - the rest of the staff was awesome too. My mom and I had the time of our lives, and hope to go back some day and stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010
There are newer reviews for Aqua Bamboo Waikiki

Reviewed April 11, 2010

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at the Aqua Bamboo.
This trip we stayed in 3 different hotels, The Outrigger Waikiki, The Turtle Bay Resort, and then the Aqua Bamboo for the final days.
I will say that the Aqua Bamboo was better then any of the hotels listed above.
The staff was excellent, the hotel was peaceful, and the location was excellent. No, it is not located on the beach but if you do your homework you will see that there are only a few hotels on the beach.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2010

A small, charming gem of a hotel with a touch of old Hawaii in feel, located in the heart of Waikiki, just a block from the beach. Comfortable rooms and extremely friendly and helpful staff made my stay a pleasure. Hard to say for a hotel, but I really felt comfortable and at home there. A great value as well. I would return here without question.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This hotel was recommended by a friend of a friend. The location was very convenient to the beach, only about less than 2 minute walk, and another 2 minutes to a wide selection of food, shopping and everything else you'll need. For the price we paid, it was worth every penny, and I would definitely choose to stay here again.
The people working at the hotel was always very kind and had great suggestions or alternatives for the things we were looking for.
Our room had a fabulous view of the ocean which I was surprised to see the morning we woke up since we arrived late in the evening. The room was clean and the safe was very convenient and spacious to store our valuables. They provided ethernet cables for internet in the room.
My husband and I were very happy with our overall stay and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We had an Amazing time, the staff is Awesome (Joy-Guest Service Manager is Fabulous and So Incredibly friendly and helpful!) We had a group of about 30 people staying between a week to 2 weeks and they all loved it! The location is perfect, a block and a half from the beach and super close to shopping, restaurants, groceries, everything U could need or want... The pool is a nice treat to come back to after a day at the beach for some relaxing! If U have a chance to enjoy a Thursday night stay their Bamboozle cocktail hour is a definite must.... The drinks are Delicious and the snacks are Yummy! We will for sure be back... :)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

If you're looking for a place to lay your head after a busy day touring Oahu then the Aqua Bamboo and Spa is a great choice.
My husband and I stayed at the Aqua for three nights before heading off to the next island. The location of this hotel is fantastic. It is literally a couple of blocks from Waikiki Beach, one block from an ABC store and one block from the King's Village Shopping Centre.
Since we had a rented car we were out all day and only returned to the hotel at night to sleep. The lobby of the hotel is small, but well decorated and feels clean.
Our room was located on the second floor and was supposed to be a partial City view room. When we opened the drapes to our room we looked directly into the brick wall of the building next to us. If you stuck your head out the sliding door and looked down the alley you could see some other buildings, which I guess means partial City view. This gave us a good laugh. Again, we didn't expect this to be a luxury hotel.
The hallway leading to our room was really outdated and should be renovated, but we were pleasantly surprised by the room. The room was nothing fancy, but it was nicely decorated, had a microwave and a mini fridge and a stove top element. The bed was really comfortable and most importantly the room was very clean.
We didn't use the pool or spa, but we did have the continental breakfast, which was a couple of muffins/buns, fruit, juice and coffee. It did the trick.
The lobby staff, cleaning staff, staff who served continental breakfast were all very friendly.
If you just need a good base in the Waikiki area and want a simple, clean hotel then the Aqua Bamboo is a solid choice.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travel07Peterborough
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We were at the the neat hotel for the entire month of March 2010. The all staff was most helpful the entire time. The pool area and waterfall are an oasis in the heart of Waikiki complete with shower, cabanna, and great padded poolside lounge chairs. They supply apples, coffee, tea and lemon water all day long (free). We will be back and let our friends know about our delightful fined.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple