I reserved this hotel w/ the recommendatio of a travel agency. I asked for a hotel convinent to Wakiki, clean and w/ budgeted price. However, after I read several reviews on this web site, I was really worried. I wanted to change my reservation but I paid the package in full already.
I got to the hotel on 6/22. Let me tell you, what a relief. I booked a suite and was upgraded to the delux suite. Not only the room is big, clean but it is very nice. The bedroom and kitchen is very nice w/ modern furnitures, The bathroom comes w/ a big jacuzzi tub and a shower. The bathroom is not sparkly clean but it's clean. The kitchen shows some ages but everything you need is there and works. Oh, We have one small patio facing the side of the buiding and one big patio ( as big as the room) facing the street. The room number is 904. My son loved the patio. it's the best thing to the room. You get to sit outside enjoying the city in the morning and night.
I saw 3 ants and 1-2 very small cockroaches in the kitchen. I know, I know. Cockroaches! Let me just tell you my friend paid closed to $ 300 staying @ Wakiki sheraton for a O.K. room facing the ocean the same time we were there. The first thing she saw when she walked in the room were cockroaches. She was furious. She called the front desk. They told her to chilled down and stated that it's normal to have cockroaches and ants in Wakiki because of the weather. And her room and patio was much smaller than ours.
Some people complained about the continental breakfast. Hey, at least they offered it. This is the place where a head of lettus cost about $ 1-2 dollars and a bottle of 1 L water is $ 1.50 depends on where you go. They give you one piece of pastry and one haiwaii drink for each person staying the room. I don't eat the pastry but mine family did. It would have cost us $ 5-8 dollars each day had we have to buy them ourselves. They also have coffee and tea in the lobby.
The swimming pool is new and nice. The staffs are extremely nice and helpful.The housekeeper comes every day. Sure, the room is kinda noisy because there is so much traffic in Wakiki. But it comes w/ location. The hotel is 1/2 miles from the beach. If you want quietness in Oahu, you have to stay in the Turtle bay hote in north shore. I live in LA, the traffic in Wakiki is Comparable or worse than LA. There are about 10 ABCs stores w/ in 5 mins of walking distant.
Yes, the parking is $ 15.00 per day. But you get to park downstairs. The lobby isn't the 5 stars hotel setting it's very nice. I have to say that I was really happy w/ the room. My friend paid $ 300 for a night for a hotel w/ luxury lobby and ocean view but the room was stinky small. I paid under $ 180 for a delux suite w/ big patio and full kitchen. We would denifitely stay there agiain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu