“prime location, unbeatable rates for ideal rooms, exceptional customer service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Bamboo Waikiki

Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
Ranked #43 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

My husband and I had stayed at the Aqua Bamboo for our honeymoon. i searched for months for a hotel that was not overly priced but clean and comfortable....I have absolutely no regrets booking at the Bamboo!

-complimentary upgraded us without even asking
- clean, cozy rooms
- rooms just renovated in Sept 2008 with new furniture, carpets, flat screen tv
-nice quaint area in the back to relax with small pool/hot tub, lounge chairs and canopies
-a bbq to use if you wanted to make your own dinner for the night
-location was in the heart of Waikiki...5 min walk to the beach, central- international market to the left, zoo to the left, walking distance to everything.
- last but not least, exceptional customer service from the staff and especially the guest service manager Joy Alder. They all made us feel well taken care of, and made sure all our needs were met no matter how big or small.

If you are looking for a comfortable, hassle free, clean hotel and not wanting to shell out big bucks this would be the hotel I would recommend!

1 Thank aleenguyen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Korean first
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Aqua Bamboo for 8 nights in March. We enjoyed the over all stay at the Aqua Bamboo. The staff were helpful, the room was large with a full kitchen, the pool area is very relaxing and the location is excellent! Last time we were in Honolulu we were further up Kuhio Ave so the quick access to the shops and beach were a welcome change.

Two issues result in me giving a lower rating then i'd like. 1) Air Conditioning - The unit in the bed room rattled so loud that I couldn't sleep, turn it off and the room got hotter then an oven! I don't think this is a one off as the unit in the front room was also loud. 2) Noise - It seems to me that the rooms are not sound proofed to stop outside noise in. The room we were in fronted onto Kuhio Ave, in the mornings everytime a bus stopped across the road I heard 5 seconds of beeping. It makes it impossiable to sleep in!

I don't want to be negitive but I don't think I'd choose to stay here again because of these issues. It is a pitty that such a great place can be let down but some clear faults.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank iac0n
BambooGstSvcMgr, Guest Services Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, May 16, 2009
Aloha iac0n!

Thank you for your writing about your recent visit to the Aqua Bamboo & Spa. We truly appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconveniences the issue may have caused. I am saddened we were not able to exceed your expectations during your visit. Had this issue been brought to my attention, an alternative room would have been offered to alleviate the noise from the busy city. Waikiki is a very popular area amongst visitors to our island. We will continue to welcome visitors; with ALOHA, to our beautiful, recently renovated, Aqua Bamboo & Spa hotel.

Joy Adler
Guest Services Manager
Payson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

Just returned from Wakiki Beach, Oahu, Hawaii.
We stayed at the Bamboo from advice from a friends friend.
We got one of the larger rooms facing the mountains. The room was very updated, the hotel was small enough that fellow traveler's faces became familiar, and the relaxing almost initmate atmosphere in the lobby and around the pool / Spa area lead to a feeling that is called "ohana" in Hawaiian language. I enjoyed the morning continental breakfast, and the availability of Lion's coffee around the clock. The staff was uniformly warm and helpful. We were all stunned, when the front desk lady got word her son had been shot in Iraq. We had become part of that family, OHANA, and it was personnal to even the guests. The staff was able to function very professionally in this terrible time was a tribute to their dedication and professionalism. I found the siting off the main drag of Wakiki to be the ideal distance from the crazy bustle. This is a good place to stage your visit to Oahu.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dusty Ranger
sarasota, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

We were booked to stay a week at the Aqua Bamboo, but left after one night. The room was the smallest hotel room we've ever stayed in - just too small to feel comfortable for this length of time. They had to put the TV on the side wall instead of at the end of the bed, so it was unpleasant to view. The air conditioner was an older noisy model that continued to cycle on and off all night and kept us awake. The only chairs in the room were wood (no cushions), so they were uncomfortable to sit in. We booked this hotel because of the many positive reviews and were very disappointed.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank floridagal7724
BambooGstSvcMgr, Guest Services Agent at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this review, February 26, 2010
Aloha,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing the Aqua Bamboo & Spa based on positive reviews on the Trip Advisor. Secondly, thank you for your feedback. It is our greatest tool to improve our services. Please accept my deepest apologies for not being able to meet your expectations. Our guest comfort and satisfaction is of the utmost importance to me. Aqua proudly displays in each room , the "Promise Fish" which states; if you are not fully satisfied with your visit, please contact Guest Services, if they are unable to assist to your satisfaction, you may call the Hotel Manager for further assistance. If the Hotel Manager is unable to assist, and you may call the President himself. I sincerely feel, that had this been brought to my attention, another alternative would have been offered to alleviate your discomfort. I do however welcome you back to our beautiful Aqua Bamboo & Spa in the future. You may contact me directly should you need assistance with this.

Mahalo,
Joy Adler
Guest Services Manager
jadler@aquaresorts.com
Beavercreek
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

My husband had a heart attack while we were vacationing in Hawaii and had to stay over for a few days until he was up to traveling back to the Mainland. The hotel was the perfect choice. The beautifully landscaped pool deck was very relaxing with lots of shade, free wireless internet and large cabanas. (No extra charge) The hotel is right on The Bus route, very convenient . The service was outstanding and they were extremely helpful to us in our difficult situation. Next time we would ask for a room on the pool side of the hotel, the room above Kuhio Ave was noisy.

1 Thank davalawrence
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

Staff was very friendly, hotel is in a great location. This hotel is perfect if you are looking for a good location and are not looking for a luxury hotel. Great value for the amount of time we were actually at the hotel.

1 Thank travelalotSanAntonio
Manteca,Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

If you are reading the reviews you are wise. I waited 57 years to go to Hawaii so we decided it was time to go, for our 20th anniversary. I checked out all of the travel packages from Costco and AA A, but read horror stories about the package hotels. So I did my research on the Oahu hotels and found the Aqua hotels had all favorable reviews. So we booked the Aqua Bamboo in Waikiki for 8 days. It is a smaller hotel and not the newest. But it was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. They had a Thursday happy hour with free drinks and a five minute massage. The Manager, Leonor Wong meets us and asked us where we were from and if we were celebrating a special occasion. I told her that we were celebrating our 20th Anniversary. When we went to our room there was a bottle of champagne on the table in an iced bucket, with glasses. During our stay Leonor would greet us and ask how we were enjoying ourselves and if the service was to our liking. On the day that we left we were waiting for the airport shuttle and Leonor asked how our stay was and if there were any suggestions that we had. We told her we were happy with our stay there and she gave us flower leis. I told her it was my birthday and wished me a happy birthday. As we were boarding the van she came out with a plate of cake and candles. We ate birthday cake all the way to the airport. It was a great vacation. The Aqua Bamboo is only a block to the beach and the international marketplace. The city busses took us everywhere on the Island and the front desk helped with schedules and times. Leonor Wong made a fuss over us which is something that is never happened on any of our trips. We would stay there again. Try the nearby restaurant, Kenoi’s for a great inexpensive breakfast or Thai food for dinner.

1 Thank guerro11