If you are looking very affordable, tranquil, peaceful, serene and safe accommodation only a block from Waikiki Beach, then stay at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki.
We have stayed at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki on a number of occasions and have found the staff to be extremely helpful, nothing is too much trouble - from changing cash to organising a tour. They go out of their way to make your stay the best ever in Hawaii!
The room we stayed in was # 1001 (10th Floor) - it was extremely comfortable, quiet, spacious and had generous sized lanais/balconies with comfortable seating and privacy.
It was serviced daily, often before 11.00am, which suited us because we were swimming or shopping in the morning and so welcomed coming into a clean and cool hotel room which had been freshly serviced.
As far as security is concerned, you need a room card to get into the Hotel Lobby area (and then into your room) from 10pm-6am daily and there is even a night guard who patrols the outside of the lobby ensuring that entry is authorised and guests and staff are safe.
The pool/spa at the back of the Hotel is absolutely wonderful and therapeutic with tables and chairs (under shade protection) if you want to rest and/or read a book/magazine.
Something, perhaps unique to Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, is the "Bamboozle" evening which the Management put on for Hotel (and invited) guests every Thursday between 4.30 and 5.30pm. This is a wonderful opportunity to 'mix and mingle', make new friends whilst enjoying the original Hawaiian entertainment, generous cocktails/food all in the serene and beautiful bamboo setting. We have enjoyed the weekly "Bamboozle" evening for a number of years and can thoroughly recommend it.
Being set only one block back from Waikiki Beach, and with the Food Pantry, Pharmacies, ABC Stores, Department stores like Macy's and the main Kalakaua Avenue Hotels such as the Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian, Outrigger Waikiki within easy walking distance, the location of the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel could not be better! Also, the bus stop taking visitors to the Ala Moana Shopping Centre or around the island of Oahu, is directly opposite the Hotel as is the bus stop for visitors wanting to go to Diamond Head, Sea Life Park, the Kahala Mall/Hotel, etc, and is just next to the Hotel, 5 minutes walk down the same side of Kuhio Avenue.
This is the best Hotel which we have been privileged to stay at in al the years that we have been vacationing in Hawaii (since 1988). We are indeed very blessed and lucky to have such wonderful accommodation and to be treated so royally by such wonderful staff!
Mahalo, Mahalo - a BIG THANK YOU to all the staff and management of Aqua Bamboo Waikiki for making this our best holiday yet and we are already planning our next stay at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, hopefully later this year, 2014!
Warmest regards and with much Aloha until then,
Janet and Richard Lambert
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside, The Lovin' Oven creates unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu