“Very nice and very friendly!”

Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed July 28, 2013

There are many more hotels and rental units available in Waikiki than you can imagine. Visitors are always looking for a well located accommodation that is clean, modern and an oasis of an experience. The sure bet is one of the premier 4 star establishments along the legendary beach. Aqua bamboo is a more modest priced hotel but you will not be disappointed! It is very centrally located on Kuhio boulevard no more than a 5 minute walk to the beach. We had a beautiful studio on the 11th floor with a modern look, lovely kitchenette and bathroom ; the room had 3 balconies with pleasant views of the city ,the mountains and the beach! the main lobby offers coffee, water, fresh fruit and the oasis pool area has a barbeque and sauna pool. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and the staff pleasantly surprised us with chocolates and a bottle of sparkling wine. The family like staff of approx. 30 people were exceptional. For the most part, the premises are lovely and refreshing.
We recommend this hotel as you will not find a staff that is more accommodating and friendly with unsurpassed warmth!
Alex and Maria

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank maria b
aquabamboo1, Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Aloha Maria B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
We are very happy that you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel to Waikiki Beach and your 11th floor studio room. We are also delighted that you enjoyed some of our complimentary amenities such as refreshing beverages and apples in the lobby. We are most of all pleased to hear that our staff was accommodating and friendly throughout your stay with us.
On behalf of all of us at Aqua Hotels & Resorts, we appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again in the future! Thank you very much for all your positive comments and we look forward to your next visit!

nyoshimoto@gmail.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here from July 17 to July 24 in the Deluxe 1 Bedroom Suite. We comfortably slept 5 with one on the Futon Sofa. The room was delightful and the large Lanai complete with Bar-B-Que was excellent. The whole ambiance of the hotel is fantastic. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the constant supply of Lemonade or Iced Tea in the lobby is an added extra. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. My 15 year old granddaughter also thinks Hector the bellboy is "hot".

Room Tip: Probably the higher floors are better but we did not notice much street noise.
2  Thank TassieDevils_1956

Aloha TassieDevils_1956,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your Luxury One Bedroom Suite, equipped with a relaxing and spacious lanai along with the convenience of the BBQ grill. We are also pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed some of our complimentary amenities such as refreshing beverages in the lobby,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite for 6 nights. The unit was large, with a bedroom (2-beds), a living room (with a futon), functional kitchen, balcony and bath. Plenty of room to move around without feeling as though we were living on top of one another. My son, who slept on the futon, said that it was quite comfortable and he liked having a TV to himself in the living room. The queen (?) beds in the bedroom were also quite comfortable. We sleep peacefully, through the night. A bit usual for me as I am an incredibly light sleeper. If you have a chance, upgrade from a one-room unit to a suite....you won't regret it.

The unit was expertly cleaned each day and the actual décor was pleasing to the eye and comfortable for our family of 3. I've been to Oahu 5 times. This was my first time with a "city view", as I've always opted for an ocean view in the past. I have to say, it won't be my last. I really enjoyed the view from our suite. In fact, we fell asleep each night with the drapes wide open....I really loved the lights on one side and the mountains on the other...quite a treat.

The staff was friendly when approached, but I would have enjoyed an uninitiated, "good morning", "hello", etc. I must say, whenever asked, they always answered with a smile and were very responsive to any question or need. The tea, coffee, etc. in the lobby was a nice touch. I asked where I could buy the iced tea mix and the (very friendly gentleman shared), "it's Lipton with lemons and oranges"....that was a surprise as it tasted wonderful...kind of like a high-end designer tea.

We didn't get a chance to get in the pool, but it looked very inviting and clean.

If you will have a rental car, be sure to reserve a parking spot at the Bamboo, in advance of your stay. The cost is $25/day. I didn't realize that parking was limited here, thus, due to lack of space, we had to park next store at the Pacific Monarch, which was $20/day. Unfortunately, when directed to the Monarch, I pre-paid for parking for our entire stay... before I actually saw the parking structure. Next time I stay at the Bamboo, and can't get parking on site, I will find parking elsewhere, as the Monarch's parking structure was not optimal. I've heard that the Waikiki Banyan has better parking and it's supposedly cheaper.

I think the Wi-Fi was fairly new. The first few days, it slowed down considerably around 6am until about 6 or 7 pm. About the 4th day, it was down (altogether) for some reason. I reported it to the front desk staff, who indicated that the repair person was onsite working on it as we spoke. After that, the Wi-Fi was perfect. Maybe they were just working the bugs out.

It was nice having laundry on site. We used it several times and never had to wait.

Finally, I loved the location. We were 2 blocks from the beach and 2 blocks from the International Marketplace. In the past, I've stayed at the Aston Waikiki (at the other end of the strip), the Aston Waikiki Sunset and at private residences in Kailua. All in all, I preferred the location of the Bamboo. For the first time, I felt like I was truly experiencing Waikiki. I really enjoyed the Bamboo and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose a one-bedroom suite.
1  Thank wannabetraveler45

Aloha Wannabetraveler45,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your spacious One Bedroom Suite and the pleasant city view your room offered. We are also pleased to hear that our staff was friendly, but we will certainly work on a better start to serving our guests. We apologize that our wifi was not consistently up to standard, but we appreciate your understanding as this is a new service with us and we continually work with the service provider to ensure any issues are remedied as quickly as possible. We appreciate you giving us this opportunity to better ourselves and improve our services.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband & I stayed at this wonderful hotel for 8 nights in mid-July. We had 2 king beds & a kitchen as we would be having grandchildren stay with us for 4 nights. Having a kitchen was a godsend as my husband is on a restricted diet & we were able to make most of our meals. There is a Safeway & Food Pantry nearby so that also helped. Fortunately we had a room that was off the street which proved to be an advantage as the city was doing road repairs on Kuhio. I won't mark the hotel down for this as this was not within their control. They also made every effort to assist those who were trying to drive into or out of the hotel.

We loved the pool area. It was a quiet peaceful area to relax. There were plenty of cushiony lounges as well as adequate tables with umbrellas. They were all wood & not the cheap metal & plastic kind. There was also a more hidden area that had a large cushions lounge with pillows & grass roof where one could take a nice snooze.

This hotel is located on Kuhio & is only a short 2 block walk to the beach & the activity of Waikiki. I cannot say enough about the friendliness of the staff. They always greeted us when we left & returned. We did surprise them once when we were brought home in a police car. They breathed a sign of relief when we told them that the police man was Ohana. We all got a laugh out of that.

We will be in Honolulu again next July for a family reunion & hope we can book multiple rooms for all of our mainland family. Thank you Aqua Bamboo for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side of the hotel.
1  Thank Happy travelor13

Aloha Happy Travelor13,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of the kitchen in your room and our relaxing Outer Sanctuary. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and that our staff was friendly during your stay with us. I invite you to contact me at nyoshimoto@aquaresorts.com if you and your family have the opportunity to stay with us again for your reunion next year so we can ensure that you are well looked after.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here in the deluxe 1 bedroom suite twice in 12 days.

There were 5 of us, so a lot of people, but it was a great space to stretch out in with the futon sofa, the bedroom with 2 beds, kitchenette and the outdoor living area.

Even though there is no beach view, unless you look over the left side, being able to relax in the sounds of Waikiki and a view of the hills in the outdoor area during the day or night was really great. It was much better than being stuck on a small balcony, like we would have with other hotels.

The kitchenette was small, but better than not having one. There was also a BBQ in the outdoor area. The bathroom was really lovely too.

It was a great stay, and we will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Aloha Tonestar24,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your Luxury One Bedroom Suite with its spacious lanai and panoramic city view.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from July 9 - 13, 2013. 8th floor pool view. We had two lanai's and a kitchenette. The room was a bit small but all we did was sleep there so it was fine. Sugar ants one morning but they were promptly taken care of by house cleaning staff and we never saw ants again. Nice friendly staff, great pool area with the added bonus of the managers happy hour once a week. Secure area for our bags upon checking out late. Although not beach front but then it was not beach front rates we found the location to be perfect, close to main beach, close to bus, close to shopping, close to Waikiki. We were very happy with the location. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool view is quietest, corner room pool view gives you two lanai's
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha Rob_W56,

First of all, we apologize that you were bothered by some pests during your stay. We are happy to hear that the problem was resolved immediately. We are also pleased that our staff was friendly and that you enjoyed our weekly manager’s reception by the pool.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband, 10 year old son and myself stayed at the Aqua Bamboo in June 2013. Our kitchenette room was big enough for the three of us and handy to prepare meals if we wanted to. The room was very comfortable and clean. The best thing we found about the Bamboo was the friendly and helpful staff that really wanted us to have a Hawaiian experience with our stay, they were fabulous. The pool area was great and the location of the hotel is fantastic. Having a laundry on the property was also a big plus at that stage of our holidays. Great value for money with excellent facilities and staff that are willing to help.We would highly recommend this hotel in Hawaii and would definitely stay here again. Well Done Aqua Bamboo.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie C
aquabamboo1, Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Aloha Julie C,

We are so thrilled to hear that our staff was helpful and hospitable during your stay and that you found great value at the Bamboo. We are pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of the kitchenette, laundry services and the central location of the hotel.

nyoshimoto@aquaresorts.com