My husband and I spent our first 2 nights of a 2-week Hawaii honeymoon at Aqua Bamboo on 4/29 and 4/30. Overall, we knew we were not going to be spending time at the beach in on Ohau, so we opted to save some money by not staying at a hotel right on the beach. Overall, I thought the hotel location was great and had a retro Hawaii vibe. Just a few blocks walk (about 6 minutes) from the beach and plenty of shopping and restaurants just outside the door. The hotel also provides beach chairs and towels free of charge. The hotel staff is friendly. The pool area is nice and has a tropical feel. When we were there, the pool area was not crowded at all, so it was great. It's a relatively small hotel, so the pool itself isn't very large which was fine for me.
As to the room, it was fine. Not really luxurious, but suitable. I honestly was expecting the room to be a big bigger as we booked the "Studio Kitchenette Partial CityView". I wouldn't call it a studio. It just seemed to be a standard sized room with a counter and kitchenette. Our view was a parking lot and balconies of the next-door hotel. The bathroom tub has the fabric shower curtains which I don't prefer as I feel that water gets everywhere, but generally, that's pretty minor.
In general, I think Aqua Bamboo was a good choice compared to the hotel prices of the nearby hotels/resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside, The Lovin' Oven creates unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu