We stayed here in March to attend a wedding in Waikiki and booked the "Snooze n Cruise" package which included parking and a rental car. By booking this package, we were able to save a few hundred as compared to booking the rental car separately. The hotel was very easy to find and is just a block or so from the beach. Upon arrival, we were greeted with smiles all around and pleasantly surprised to find out that our studio kitchenette had been upgraded to a 1BR suite with kitchen!!! Room 1204 was absolutely gorgeous and a few feet from the laundry machines. It also came with two balconies (lots of sunshine and not bad on the noise levels), kitchenette (equipped with microwave, stove, sink, appliances, silverware and fridge), a futon, minibar, 2 televisions (albeit one is very tiny), spacious bathroom and comfortable "living room" area. It almost felt like we were living in our very own apartment.
Aqua Bamboo location could not be beat. We walked a block to the beach and about 5 minutes to International Marketplace and several other restaurants and shopping locations. Compared to many of the beachfront accommodations, I actually liked being a little bit away from the main strip where it was much quieter and less crowded. Getting to/from the freeway to explore the rest of the island was also more convenient away from the crowds.
The service was perfect. Our room was always cleaned spotless with several orchids placed on towels and pillows. Every time we saw anyone from the hotel, we were met with smiles and 'Aloha's'. There was also a small reception by the pool on Thursday evenings where snacks and drinks are served. Aqua Bamboo also lets guests borrow beach towels and chairs free of charge which was also a nice touch.
All in all, a great and pleasant stay at a cute hotel. My husband and I spent most of our vacation island exploring, on the beach or doing water sports, so all we were looking for in our hotel experience was a nice place to come home to in a great location within our price range. Aqua Bamboo fit the bill for that. My only recommendation would be to call and reserve parking because the garage is quite small (fits about 10-12 cars) and the uphill driveway to get out can be a bit scary since you have to look out for pedestrians and can't quite see over the driveway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside, The Lovin' Oven creates unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu