This review may be a little after we stayed but it's the first chance I've had to write.
We arrived very late (1.30am) and well after check in due to a delayed flight. The guy on reception was a little grumpy BUT THIS WAS THE ONLY TIME WE HAD DODGY SERVICE!! Aqua Bamboo is not a 4 star but a VERY GOOD 3 star if you are comparing to US standards.The beds are double beds, not queens or kings. The rooms are on a par with UK hotel rooms in size BUT fabulous little kitchenette if you want to make lights snacks, teas, coffees etc. Also coffee, teas etc free in reception. No WIFI but you do get free internet via wire connection (wire supplied by reception to fit laptop free of charge). The pool is FABULOUS! Small but beautiful. Warm, clean and private (if you don't mind being overlooked by skyscrapers on 2 sides BUT didn't bother me!!). It is only 5 mins from Waikiki beach and the main street with all of the designer shops and restaurants. Get the bus if you can. Get to see the real island. ALSO GO TO THE POLYNESIAN CENTRE!!!! AMAZING DAY!! You get to experience ALL of the differing cultures of Polynesia. We also took a day trip to the Big Island by plane (Hawaii) - not cheap, around £300 each BUT well worth it. Also took a 1 hour helicopter tour over Maui, amazing sights and well worth the money. I would really recommend this hotel as value for money. If you stay on the main street you will be charged at least £250 to £500 per night for a hotel and you're never in the room because it is such a beatiful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside, The Lovin' Oven creates unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Splitty, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu