Well after reading reviews I was starting to second guess myself booking at the bamboo, im glad I didnt change.
Everything was very clean, everyone was super friendly, even the guests. The hotel was not "perfect" but that's not what I was expecting. When we first got there the hot tub was stuck on boiling hot, then it was normal. It got hot again later in the week but since we saw how the maintenance person fixed it we just did it ourselves (lol)
The staff were extremely wonderful and helpful, in any and all questions we had. They went above and beyond to make the stay wonderful. the guest services manager was so nice and wasent "hiding away" in an office, almost everyday we saw her at least once.
The only thing that wasent perfect in the room was a bit of paint peeling right above the AC (Which is kind of understandable) they were also in the process of changing out the older AC like ours. Any complaints you hear about loud AC must be from people who have never been around the "in the window" type AC, it was not any louder than mine at home. Its like a fan blowing air.
I would most definitely stay at this hotel again. The guests were very nice and were just there to have a nice vacation, no one was "stuck up" like a lot of the hotels in the area.
Just as an FYI there was a family that was staying at the bamboo for part of their trip and then staying at a different one for the other half, they left for the other hotel only to come back to the bamboo. All of the guests that I talked to LOVED the hotel.
If your expecting the Ritz Carlton for the (proverbial) best western price, then this is not it. They are an inexpensive hotel with great amenities, great staff, great guests, great rooms, and overall really good vibe!
Thanks for making our hotel awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including a saltwater pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and stove-top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu