Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
Stay Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
  • Beachfront
Waikiki Resort Hotel(Honolulu)
  • Restaurant
1,855 results
All reviewspool arealovin ovenlemon waterstreet noisekuhio avetwo blockssmall kitchenettehot tubfull kitchenboutique hotelone bedroom suitefood pantrybus stopbeach towelsshort walk to the beachtravel agentfirst trip to hawaii
Reviewed December 25, 2007

The staff could not have been friendlier. Lovely pool area. Rooms were clean, could use some upgrading, but very clean. Great location. Terrific spa services. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2007

My boyfriend and I were very dissapointed when we walked into our room to find 2 single beds, when we had booked a double. When we complained, we were told they were booked out, and that we had to stay in this room the night, but the next day the moved us to a double room. The new room had an ocean view which was fantastic. However, talking to other couples staying in the hotel, the same situation had happened to them as well! So if u stay here, make sure that when u make the booking u clarify what sort of bed u want!!!!
Also, get up really early if u dont want to miss out on your complimentary sweet muffin for breakfast, they run out very quick, u are not guarenteed your complimentary breakfast.
Other than that, it was comfortable, the staff were great and its in a great location.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa L
aquabamboo, guest service manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2007

Aloha Mooshkabob,

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide a better guest service experience, we thank you for taking the time to write a review about your past stay. Even though your comment is not favorable of our hotel, the mention of our staff is greatly appreciated.

In regards to the bed type, I understand your frustration and sincerely apologize that we were not able to accommodate your request on the first night. Although we certainly try to honor all requests, it is sometimes impossible when we are operating at 100% occupancy.

Again we appreciate your feedback as it is one of our main tools to continually improve our service for all guests. If you have any questions regarding the Aqua Bamboo & Spa, please contact me at acabauatan@aquaresorts.com.

May Cabauatan
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed December 7, 2007

I felt cheated when I checked out at the hotel. I booked the hotel on line and got a confirmed email with my rate. When I looked at a detailed bill at checkout time, they arbitrarily raised my rate. I asked why, one comment was that the rate was raised on the weekend(one of the days was a Monday). I asked to see the management. The manager said that the rate had jumped for the last 3 days of my stay. I reprinted my email showing my rate. She didnt care. So I am really upset. Check and multiply out your bill after at checkout. I feel they were very dishonest.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank nanaimotraveller89
aquabamboo, guest service manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2007

Aloha Nanaimotraveller89,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that you felt cheated however that is not the case. When you booked your reservation through our website, you were given the rate you picked. All we do on our side is input the reservation as stated on your reservation. If there were any miscommunication, I would like to clear it up. I understand your email confirmation stated one rate, however, there was actually a rate change in your reservation which unfortunately did not state on your email. Before your reservation is confirmed on the website, there is a summary page that states your check-in and check-out dates, your rates and all other information you have provided. The total cost stated on your confirmation is the same as what is in the folio. The folio reflects the day to day charges inclusive of the rate change while the confirmation had given you the average daily rate base on the total revenue.
I apologize if I offend you in any ways when I tried to explain about the charges. I would be more than happy to email or fax your detailed reservation that came directly from our website to you to help eliminate any confusion.

May Cabauatan
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed December 2, 2007

The Bamboo was just what we were looking for. Great family value centrally located and courteous staff. We stayed for 8 days and enjoyed it alot.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed November 22, 2007

Excellent location combined with clean, orderly and polite service.
The continental breakfeast is timely and good, the only recommendation
being that perhaps a differet offering of other than the sweet roles be available for the more 'diet' carbohydrate concious guests, lol. Very well located for walking, beach, bus and car rental. Affordable and as quiet as a hotel in Waikiki can get with the poolside being relaxing and letting one get away from Kuhio streets normal everday hustle and bustle. Also, the Thursday host "Bamboozle" bar get together is a super way to meet other gusts.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple