My wife and I spent our anniversary/belated honeymoon in Waikiki, and I can't say enough good things about the Aqua Bamboo.
Upon mention of the honeymoon aspect of our trip, we were quickly upgraded to a full suite. No, it didn't look or feel like a 5-star hotel but for the price this is an amazing place to stay. The room was very clean and modern, the kitchen was fantastic, and the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, to the point of one of the staff members lending us their personal lunch cooler for a day trip.
The pool/lounge area is gorgeous. Lots of mature trees and landscaping so it doesn't sound or feel like you're in the city at all. Of course, why sit around the pool when the beach is two short blocks away? We were some of the last people to get dropped off when we took the shuttle from the airport so we stopped at several other (more expensive) hotels on the way, and I have to say that we had the best location of all of them as far as proximity to the beach. There are lots of grocery stores and everything else you might need very nearby, and a bus stop right in front if you need to go further.
And for Canadians like us, there was a small but significant added bonus - free SWEETENED iced tea in the lobby!
All in all, I would have no problem staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside, The Lovin' Oven creates unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu