We stayed at the imperial January 20 - 26. We were in a Koa Suite which is a Corner unit. We had #807. It was okay. It was in the middle of Waikiki in a decent location but our view was just of the street and other peoples hotel rooms across the way. And it was very noisy with trucks making deliveries early in the mornings with their backup beeping and trash trucks and so forth. It is pretty old and could use a good carpet cleaning and new paint and the bathrooms redone if nothing else. They show a photo in their website of a Koa suite with a magnificent ocean view but in reality, very few rooms have that view unless you are in a very high floor to see over the top of the Halekulani across the street. The pool is up on the top floor surrounded by a brick wall so no view from up there either. Without a balcony with an ocean view there wasn't really anything to do there unless you went to one of the resorts and bought something to sit in their bar with a view or unless you went down to the beach itself. I worked out in the gym one time but it was so hot in there I couldn't stand it.
Food in Waikiki is really expensive and it just wasn't really our kind of place. The days we rented a car and went away from Honolulu were the best days. Also, we asked in the lobby about renting a car and were told that because it was Pro Bowl week, rates were high but he could get us a "discount" of $89 per day for a compact. We walked down the street and had a choice of 3 different companies each offering cars for about $55 per day. All in all, we wouldn't choose to stay there again. Without a view, it's just a rundown hotel in a noisy expensive city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha! Mahalo for considering The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki. We are conveniently located in the epicenter of Waikiki and are steps away from the famous Waikiki Beach. We are surrounded by shops and restaurants for you to browse and enjoy. We know you will enjoy your visit, and are looking forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- The Imperial Hawaii Hotel
- Hawaii Imperial
- Imperial Hawaii Honolulu
- Imperial Waikiki
- Imperial Hotel Waikiki
- Imperial Of Waikiki
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Honolulu