This hotel is great for those travellers looking for a value priced room one block from the beach and in the heart of all the action. If you want to go out for late dinners or go to a nightclub this is definitely your hotel because it is located across the street from "The Yardhouse Pub" which is very popular with the party set. We are beyond the age of "clubbing" and travel with our young daughter so the noise was audible every night (moderate). We were on the 7th floor facing the pub so the location of our room was likely a factor. I got up at 4 am (due to time change) and went to the 24 hr Denny's on the main floor of the hotel to grab a coffee. The restaurant was busy with inebriated patrons that had come over from the pub after closing. In the following days I noticed that when we went for breakfast at 6am the entire restaurant was filled with family type patrons so we were never concerned about having our daughter be in a "morning after the night before" type of environment.
The rooftop pool was small but very warm (unlike the Hawaii Hilton Village where we spent the day to use the pools-you can rent a day room there when available, but the pools were unheated so it was a waste of time/money because my daughter and I barely got wet...just too cold). The Imperial pool had some fantastic views and was surrounded by chaise lounge chairs. There is also a third floor sauna and whirlpool which we often got to use alone because it seemed to be rarely used.
There were numerous restaurants which we enjoyed within close walking distance from the hotel and the high end stores too numerous to count. You don't need a car, but our best day was when we rented a car and went to the North shore for some peace and quiet. We much prefer the non crowded beaches filled with locals surfing. We also saw turtles at Turtle Beach (1.5 hr drive from the hotel) and ate at a fantastic beach grill that served my favourite coconut shrimp.
So in summary, perfect hotel for city type travellers that don't mind some noise (deliveries to stores/restaurants happens in the middle of the night also...so all night long you hear "beep, beep, beep" when the trucks are backing up....can be annoying for people like us that prefer silent tranquility on a trip). We were perfectly located for the conference I was attending but if you like quiet, the North shore would be preferable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha! Mahalo for considering The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki. We are conveniently located in the epicenter of Waikiki and are steps away from the famous Waikiki Beach. We are surrounded by shops and restaurants for you to browse and enjoy. We know you will enjoy your visit, and are looking forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- The Imperial Hawaii Hotel
- Hawaii Imperial
- Imperial Hawaii Honolulu
- Imperial Waikiki
- Imperial Hotel Waikiki
- Imperial Of Waikiki
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Honolulu