Ilima Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$339
$309
Westin.com
$350
$281
$420
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$169
Agoda.com
$199
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$199
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenthe ala wai canaldeluxe studiowaikiki beachfood pantrytwo blockslei making classrooms are hugequiet streetbeach matsbit datedolder hotelguest laundryother hotelssmall poolcoffee makerlaundry facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked our hotel based on the reviews and I was definitely glad I did. This was our first trip to Hawaii and Ilima Hotel made it a fantastic one! The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the kitchenette was a huge plus! Location was perfect - just a few blocks from everything. I would recommend requesting a room facing the mountains and canal. Previous reviewers recommended it, but I forgot to mention it. The balcony was pleasant but the view could have been better. Such a minor mention compared to the cost and service! Don't pass this gem up!!

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting a room facing the mountains and canal. Previous reviewers recommended it, but I forgot to mention it. The balcony was pleasant on our floor but the view could have been better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SKShort
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had one night here as a break in a trip from Brisbane to New York. The Ilima met all our needs - the location is excellent and the price is good for Waikiki. There's plenty of room, we used the kitchen facilities and they gave us a late check out until after lunch. The street it's on is a bit basic but that did mean that it was quiet and the curtains were dark so we slept well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amp-qld
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I and other members of our family recently booked a Hawaiian cruise and needed a place to stay both before and after the cruise. My daughter's mother-in-law found this hotel and booked it about a year in advance of our trip. Our rate was $100.00 per night for an efficiency room that included a refrigerator, a microwave, a stove, plates, cups, glasses, utensils, a flat screen tv, air conditioning, a pool, a sundeck and free parking in the adjacent parking garage, And I've probably forgotten something. Oh yeah, there are numerous inexpensive shuttles from Honolulu Airport to this hotel. One such shuttle was $8/person.

The hotel is located within walking distance of a large variety of restaurants and shops in all price ranges, and is also within walking distance of Waikiki Beach. And just to make things a little easier, Enterprise Car Rental is literally across the street. I'll do a separate review on them at a later date. (They were great).

The staff were extremely polite, helpful and professional, and had answers to any "touristy" questions we posed to them.

With a little planning, you can save a lot of money and be very comfortable at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book here as far in advance as you can to ensure a room with this great rate.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Pmart427
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I booked the Ilima for my work trip last month. Second time in 2 years. Pretty much the same comments from last time hold sway:

The Pros - 1) A Bargain, 200 bucks a night got me a suite with a Kitchenette. 2) Free Parking (though one night I was forced to park on the street and got a parking ticket. Spaces are also challenging - tight and lots of concrete stanchions to avoid. 3) Perfect proximity: Close enough to walk to all the Waikiki destinations, but not so close that you are sucked into the vortex of insane crowds and valets and whatnot. 4) Very friendly staff.

The Cons: 1) Dated. Material condition issues like a window AC unit in my bedroom that wasn't keeping up. But most nights, the breeze was so nice that I just slept with the window open.

For the value and location, budget-minded travelers can't go wrong with the Ilima.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cheesesteak_Al
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having now stayed with the Ilima Hotel on many occasions we thought that it's time to provide others with the benefit of our knowledge, having stayed here over many years.

The rooms are among the largest in Waikiki and certainly the largest in their price-range and although some rooms could use an upgrade the room sizes, staff and hotel location far outweigh the downside. Every time you check in as a returning guest you are greeted as a close ohana member.

The hotel has a small pool, gym and limited parking and the Friday morning staff sing-along is a nice touch.

Located around the corner from a bus stop in Kuhio Avenue it is only a short walk through the International Market Place to Kalakaua Avenue and a stroll to the beach.

It's always nice to return to the Ilima.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple