1,658 results
All reviews across the street the hilton hawaiian village ala moana blvd within walking distance parking fee red lobster minute walk priced hotel per night pearl harbour short stay an older hotel coffee maker convenient location mini fridge bus stop abc store
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2019

Personally, I preferred the location of the hotel - close to the beaches and in walking distance to Ala Moana Center. An ABC Store is around the corner. Parking is at ground level which makes parking easy and fast and is 23 USD/d. Lobby is nice and updated. Coffee service is offered there until 10a. Rooms are clean, for my personal taste a little dated but absolutely acceptable for Ramada standards. Staff was overall ok - I missed the aloha-spirt. They are overall very stiff and I would not call them remarkably nice.
I did not appreciate that my room has not been serviced for 2 days in a row as housekeeping wanted to do that after 5p when I needed the room. I told them one the first day that 5p is far too late which they did not understand because on the second day we had the similar situation. When I checked out, I told the lady at the front desk that I did not enjoy living for two days in an unserviced room. She did not seem interested just said sorry and swiped my credit card to charge me in full for my room and parking. I personally think that this is rude and inappropriate as I expect to receive full service for full payment.
So, I contacted the management of the hotel later by eMail and received the copy-paste-answer (sorry, discuss with responsible department, hope to get a second chance) that you can read here in every negative review. I felt really offended by that because I take my time do describe a problem and receive an arrogant and standardized reply that demonstrates that even in management there is not seriously interested in customer claims. Later that day the lady sent me another eMail and copied the service report of the housekeeping in order to prove my a liar as the report stated that on the first day the do-not-disturb-sign was on all day (which is not true) and that I "refused" service (well, in the evening I need the room). That really turned me angry because I do not like to be called a liar based on untrue facts. Therefore, I contacted that management lady again and told her that I do not accept being treated like that and paying full price getting reduce service and I want to talk to the general manager. Then she offered me a refund of one full night or a free night for a future stay or reward points. As I'm decent I told her that I fell a full night of refund (150 USD) is too much for that incident and I would appreciate two days of no parking fee (46 USD) for two days of no service and that I do not want reward point as I don't use them and don't know if I want to return to their hotel again soon. Then she took her refund offer back, refused contact to the general manager of the hotel and just offered me reward points instead. Now that is completely weird and a mess and I personally feel fooled by that lady and ripped off by the hotel. They still owe me money. Contacting this management lady was the worst and most frustrating experience I ever had in customer service. She proves that the hotel is inattentive and not interested in the customers, their needs, their expectations and their claims. That really was a crazy and unique experience. Maybe corporate can handle that.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Kilian M
Wendy B, Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Kilian M,
Our General Manager has responded directly to you to address your concerns.

Wendy B

Reviewed March 22, 2019

Only thing I’d change is the restaurant. But the location was so great that the several surrounding options were great and close.
Overall good hotel, staff were nice and helpful! Excellent coffee( kona)!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Wendy B, Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Aloha and thank you for recently staying with us! We appreciate your positive feedback and glad you enjoyed our location and helpful and friendly staff -- and mahalo for letting us know that enjoyed the coffee too! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest Aloha,
Wendy B

Reviewed March 18, 2019

If you're looking for a hotel to relax and spend most of your time in, this isn't it. If you'll be there to sleep and stop back in to refresh before heading out...this is the one! We were only there to sleep and get ready for the evening and this hotel was perfect. Great location on the edge of Waikiki and close to the Ala Moana mall. It's about a 10 minute walk from all the action in Waikiki.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Wendy B, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Aloha and thank you for recently staying with us! We appreciate your feedback about our location and glad you had a wonderful time. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest Aloha,

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights at the end of our stay in Hawaii. Greeted by receptionist who couldn’t even be bothered to look up from her desk. When asking for payment she told me my card had been declined and would not try again, I went to the ATM in reception and withdrew money without an issue. She was very rude. After a full day of travelling this is not the way you expect to be treated.

Every other member of staff we came in contact with other than the lady who cleaned our room, did not speak and basically made us feel very unwelcome.

Ruined our last two days in Hawaii.

Rooms clean, with everything you need.

Pool is in the back yard, didn’t look very nice so didn’t bother using it.

We will NOT be returning

Trip type: Traveled with family

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Waikiki. I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations with regards to having poor customer service. Please know I will forward your review to the manager in charge of that department, as it is our goal to strive for a friendly and welcoming staff at all times. Your feedback is very important to us, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

With the Australian dollar exchange being so low, one tries to minimise costs and even budget hotels can be expensive. This Ramada takes many flight crews so that says something.

Across the road from Hilton and near Prince Waikiki, it’s extremely well located. Bus stop outside to local malls ($2.50 a trip), and a good range of restaurants of all levels opposite. Local supermarket (ABC Store) has Good range of salads and reasonable range of healthy options.

Rooms comfortable, good coffee, and importantly it has a self service laundromat

Worked for us!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Aloha and thank you for recently staying with us and for your nice rating! We appreciate your feedback and for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Waikiki. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again!