If you're looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay while touring around Hawaii I highly recommend this hotel. Starting with the room -- it was clean, comfortable and had all the necessary amenities. There was plenty of closet and drawer space, comfortable seating available, a desk, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, ice bucket and blow dryer. The decor was pleasant enough as well. We used the pool once and that was nice too. It seems to be shaded much of the time, but is not too crowded. There was also coffee available in the lobby each morning.
The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and take good care of guests. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, but they worked quickly to prepare it. We came at the end of a HUGE conference and all of the hotels in the area were scrambling.
The beach is about a five minute walk. The closest beach is at the Hilton Hawaiian Village -- it's right across the street and their beach is one of the nicest in Waikiki. There are plenty of options for food right around the hotel. The Ala Moana Shopping Center is an easy walk with more food options and a Foodland Grocery Store that is really nice and has takeout food too. If you don't rent a car, many buses to anywhere on the island stop at Ala Moana so you can get around easily for sightseeing from there. You can also walk to most places around Waikiki -- including the International Market and the Convention Center is also within walking distance.
Parking is cheaper if you are a Wyndham rewards member, so if you are renting a car I recommend that you join (free) before staying there. If we return to Honolulu, we plan to stay here again because it was comfortable, nice, and met all of our needs. No complaints at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and E Komo Mai! Located at the beginning of Waikiki, we are an off beach property offering affordable accommodations with NO resort fees! We are within walking distance to the beach, Ala Moana Shopping Center and the Hawaii Convention Center! All guest rooms come with free WI-FI, charging station for electronic devices, microwave, mini-fridge,in-room safe, HDTV including free HBO, coffee maker, hair dryer, bathroom amenities, iron/ironing board. Also free use of the Fitness Center and Business station. Start your morning with fresh coffee, tea, and iced water in the hotel lobby. Parking is normally $25.00 per night but become a Wyndham Rewards member, and parking is reduced to $20.00 per night plus earn points towards a free stay at any Wyndham property. Public transportation (The Bus) is available in front of the hotel. Explore and experience the island culture - visit our concierge/activities desk in the lobby for all your tours and adventures and build great memories of your Hawaiian vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Waikiki
- Holiday Inn Honolulu
- Honolulu Holiday Inn
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu