This hotel is a transition point for travellers and business people on overnight excursions period. NOT FOR VACATIONERS!
Do NOT stay here if you are looking for a relaxing vacation. Stay somewhere that appreciates and treats their guests as more than space fillers. Anyone who writes a positive review for this hotel has probably stayed here one night on their way to somewhere else.
The rooms are bland, outdated and have no character- the hallways are dingy and very skid row hotel looking. Do not be fooled by positive reviews written by overnight travellers. This place wants your money and nothing more to do with you.
The entrance to the hotel smells like raw sewage- a very good indicator of what awaits you. Oh, and if you think the free breakfast is a great bonus- wait until you see the leftover chinese fare you'll be getting. Yes, that's right chinese buffet breakfast. Disgusting.
You will not get a warm fuzzy feeling being here- you are nothing more than space filler.
Oh- there's a pool here- but no shower by the pool for guests to shower before entering- so rest assured you are swimming in everyone's filth. Mind you- we never saw anyone use the pool area- I don't think it's encouraged. They have the pool only so they can pretend to be a holiday vacation destination. They are anything but.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and E Komo Mai! Located at the beginning of Waikiki, we are an off beach property offering affordable accommodations with NO resort fees! We are within walking distance to the beach, Ala Moana Shopping Center and the Hawaii Convention Center! All guest rooms come with free WI-FI, charging station for electronic devices, microwave, mini-fridge,in-room safe, HDTV including free HBO, coffee maker, hair dryer, bathroom amenities, iron/ironing board. Also free use of the Fitness Center and Business station. Start your morning with fresh coffee, tea, and iced water in the hotel lobby. Parking is normally $25.00 per night but become a Wyndham Rewards member, and parking is reduced to $20.00 per night plus earn points towards a free stay at any Wyndham property. Public transportation (The Bus) is available in front of the hotel. Explore and experience the island culture - visit our concierge/activities desk in the lobby for all your tours and adventures and build great memories of your Hawaiian vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Waikiki
- Holiday Inn Honolulu
- Honolulu Holiday Inn
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu