“Very Noisy, not a safe area at night, not worth the money. Too Creepy.”

Airport Honolulu Hotel
Ranked #59 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very Noisy, not a safe area at night, not worth the money. Too Creepy.”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

The Hotel is situated directly next to the intersections of two freeways. There are no quiet rooms. The area is very poorly lit at night and you must take a shuttle to the Best Western next door for evening meals, that are less than appetizing. The term "complimentary" is misused so don't be surprised that the shuttle bus driver is EXPECTING a tip even if they never touch your bag. All of the other guests also seemed tense

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sadcamper2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
Sd
Reviewed January 13, 2010

For the money we paid for a night's stay, I was really disappointed. The hotel charged for parking our car over night, the pool closed at 7:00 p.m., they didn't offer a continental breakfast of any kind.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hawaiinisland
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I needed a place to stay as I arrived at HNL around 8:30p.m. and was leaving at 6:30 am the next morning. From the online reviews I thought this hotel would be convenient and not too bad of a place to stay. I thought wrong. First off, I had to wait over an hour for the hotel shuttle to pick me up (one of the reasons I stayed at the hotel). Next, by the time the hotel shuttle got me to the hotel, the restuarant was closed (another reason for staying there). The staff was not friendly. The internet was terribly slow in the rooms as well. The rooms were VERY NOISY from the road and airport. The security was not present as doors the secure doors were open. The room had a bad odor and shower was dirty. I would not stay at this hotel again. I stayed on Jan. 7,, 2010.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank kosrae1
Northeast Indiana
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I was concerned about noise because of close proximity to the airport, but although you could hear aircraft from time to time it was not an issue. The hotel was rather quiet and peaceful. I appreciated the security measures. The service staff I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. Because I was visiting my daughter and son-in-law who live on Schofield Barracks I didn't want to be in the downtown Honolulu tourist area with all the crowds and traffic so this location was ideal. The one point I didn't appreciate was having to pay a nightly parking fee.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank melodic_one
Netherlands
Reviewed December 30, 2009

The best thing about the hotel is it's vicinity to the airport and it's airport shuttle.

Very unattractive, industrial area. No choice in restaurants nearby.
Endless corridors, implying very long walks to the rooms.
Room is ok.

Only advisable for a 1 night stay after a late arrival at the airport (or early departure).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Queensland
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I agree with all the reveiws everyone has written about this airport hotel. The only thing I would like to add that you may find useful is that there is a strip mall full of eateries (even a starbucks) just down the road that cannot be seen from the hotel.
Walk out the main entrance of the hotel, turn left to the side street, then walk about a block.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catz22
Nubeena, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2009

This was an in transit stay for me and my 14 month old daughter. We were traveling from Australia to the USA and then back again, so we stayed two nights. It was recently updated at the time and the air conditioning was nice and cold while it was very hot and humid outside (coming from our coldest month in Australia, we could feel the Hawaii summer). I was pleased all around and found it to be the 3 stars that it's rated. Only hassle was needing to take a shuttled to the Best Western for our evening meal, but the buffet there was nice! On the way home we opted for pizza delivered to the room. I am contemplating staying here again when we take another trip to the USA, this time as hubby will be with us we will stay a few days and see a little of Honolulu. Oh and the elevator was a bit on the old side.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Honolulu hotels
Pagoda Hotel
Queen Kapiolani Hotel
#60 of 84 in Honolulu
Downtown Honolulu
Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Airport Honolulu Hotel

Property: Airport Honolulu Hotel
Address: 3401 N Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96819-1909 (Formerly Ohana Honolulu Airport Hotel)
Location: United States > Hawaii > Oahu > Honolulu
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#35 Business Hotel in Honolulu
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Airport Honolulu Hotel 2.5*
The Airport Honolulu Hotel located is located 2 miles from Honolulu International Airport. Complimentary 24 hour airport shuttle service is available to and from the Airport. All rooms have a microwave and a refrigerator. Nearest hotel Hickam AFB, Pearl Harbor Naval Station and Fort Shafter. Property located 4 miles to cruise ship departures and 8 miles from Waikiki. Aloha Stadium, Home of the ProBowl is two miles away. Waipio Sports Complex is 15 minutes away. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Airport Honolulu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Honolulu Airport Hotel