“Airport convenience”

Airport Honolulu Hotel
Ranked #59 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed here numerous times for layovers. Staff friendly, rooms clean, with decent linens & bed. Offers free shuttle to airport. Dining area nice and food is good. Convenient to locals shops, dining & attractions. Good prices on rooms, will defiantly book again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jessica E
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Aloha Jessica E,

On behalf of the staff and management of Airport Honolulu Hotel, we would like to thank you for staying with us and for writing a review.

We are pleased to hear we once again were able to accommodate you and everything met your needs. We hope you will take advantage of our weekly dinner specials we are running to enhance our guests' experience.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hotel staff wasn't bad. The restaurant for dinner was excellent. An excellent server.
On the first day I am lying down on the floor sleeping with my dog. A maintenance man came to fix the door? Nothing was wrong with the door? The bell hop didn't open the door proper. Push up on the handle to open it, not down. The cleaning opened it right away. The maintenance man came anyways seen me sleeping on the floor with my dog and he calls a medic? What was he doing in my room, in the first place? "NO PRIVACY" I could have been nude? I sleeping he could have walked in and taken money off the dresser???
The next morning at 10:00 AM a maintenance man knocks on my door I was still sleeping? I have a WAKE UP SERVICE for 11:15 AM. He woke me up? Has the door open. My dog runs out the door outside. I can not find her. My dog ran into another hotel the cleaning woman yells is that your dog in here? I go inside the other hotel to see its my dog. I go back to my room an I tell the maintenance man "GET OUT"! He will not listen to me I tell him I am going to call the police. The front desk calls him on the radio to leave. He is still putting a new part into the door. He won't get out! I talk to the manager about this. He asks me are you and your dog safe? I had said YES! I had said I am leaving at noon time why couldn't he wait until I left? I was shaken up that I almost lost me dog in this hotel.
My dog is a Service Dog to protect me having PTSD. I am shaking all over.
You have "NO RIGHTS TO PRIVACY" ! AT THIS HOTEL! If I ever have to go to Honlolulu again be sure that I don't go there ever again.
The maintenance working there to 10:00 PM? The beds were bouncy. I had asked the front desk do you have cameras in the rooms? Who knew that I was sleeping on the floor in my room ? If I never answered it? That means the maintenance opened my door uninvited?

Room Tip: Make sure you tell the front desk, do not have anyone working on my room, while I stay there. I wan...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank ThomasABorawski
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Aloha ThomasABorawski,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel. After reading your review, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.

I researched these incidents and I apologize if there was misunderstanding regarding the incidents that transpired. Our staff responds to guest requests in a quick and timely manner and thus was responding to your request about having trouble with the door. We do not have cameras in the room, however our policy is to knock before entering the room. If there is no answer, our staff enters and thus discovered you on the floor. For precautionary measures, Security was contacted to assist.

We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding from the hotel's side and that we were not able to meet your expectations during your visit.

Thank you again and wish you well on future visits to Oahu.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This Hotel was dreadful.
We choose it because it was. CLose to airport and ran a free shuttle back and forth
That was the positives. Hotel very dated and run down. Reception staff offhand and disinterested no restaurant except breakfast. Worst feature is hotel is located right next to flyover of freeway. I was worried about the planes flying over but they were drowned out by the constant drone of traffic. Felt as though I was staying in a third world country

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank vinkac
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Aloha vinkac,

Thank you for your most recent stay and review of Airport Honolulu Hotel.

We would like to sincerely apologize for the noise and service inconveniences you experienced while here. This is not our standard of service and so I will personally investigate these concerns. We are continously working to improve the Airport Honolulu Hotel and once we are do, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The location is not so great here but we arrived late and they have a shuttle that picks you up at the airport and they were very quick to come. The staff was nice when we checked in also. The restaurant has a small selection of menu items but it wasn't too bad. The rooms are older but were clean. The pool are was very nice. I would stay here again to avoid a late night drive to my final destination.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms have a nicer view. The rooms facing the other way look into parking lots and the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice for early morning flights to Australia.
It is clean and not too noisy considering the location. I would avoid eating at the hotel restaurant. Shuttle to the airport is great, will probably need stay again although it is overpriced! Definitely not recommended for more than one night.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lani_Traveller
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We needed to stay somewhere close to the airport for one night, as we had an early morning flight back to the mainland. Honolulu Airport Hotel seemed to fit the bill. The shuttle service to and from the airport was quick and convenient.

However, after we got to the hotel, our experience rapidly plummeted. Although we'd already booked and paid for the room in advance, the lady at the front desk was rude and unwelcoming from the minute we stepped up to the counter.

The lock to our room stuck. After several tries, we were finally able to get in. The room was dingy and run-down -- the type of place where you'd want to wear flip flops to avoid coming in contact with the critters that may lurk in the stained carpets and showers.

I don't need a 5 star hotel to have a satisfactory experience, however, I would not stay here again. There are other hotels that have shuttles to and from the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa J

Aloha Melissa J,

On behalf of the staff and management at Airport Honolulu Hotel, we would like to thank you for staying with us in April.

After reading your review, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your encounter with our Front Desk staff is not the norm and we will look into this interaction. We strive to provide impeccable service and apologize we were not able to meet this.

We are doing many things to upgrade our facility and hope you will consider a return to Airport Honolulu Hotel.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We only spent one night here between flying in from new zealand and leaving for maui and this was sufficient. As a stop over i suppose it is OK but not for longer. breakfast was awful. room was ok with coffee/tea making.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple