Airport Honolulu Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)
Prince Waikiki(Honolulu)
The Equus Hotel(Honolulu)
1,087 results
All reviewsthe free shuttle serviceshuttle drivernimitz highwaybaggage claimovernight stayone night stayhotel restaurantpearl harborfront desk staffbed was comfortablethe hotel is cleanshort stayrental carthe big islandpetspcsstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We enjoyed our brief stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel. We were just staying overnight and catching a very early flight out the next morning, so this hotel was perfect for us. We had excellent service checking in, and assistance in storing our bags (many and huge!) downstairs, and taking other bags to the room. It was very clean, large and comfortable. We are at the hotel restaurant, Willoughby's Restaurant, and thoroughly enjoyed our food and attentive service. Upon leaving, even though it was 3:30 AM, we had friendly assistance with our bags again to the shuttle. All staff we met obviously took pride in their service and genuinely showed concern for their visitors' comfort.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dolly G
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. I especially liked our housekeeper, Delia. She was very friendly. Not only did she do a great job cleaning our room but she also took time to talk with me. Tell me about a few restaurants close by. Some things to explore. I do wish the hotel would invest in some fitted sheets. But other than that everything was nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kim A
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed for one night in order to catch an early flight following an island transfer with my husband and baby. Collection bus came quite quickly once we had called from the airport phone. There was no-one obviously around to help with bags after we had checked in so manoeuvring the luggage/stroller/portable crib and baby was a little tricky. Room 301 was right by the lift and had space for a portable crib to be put up next to the bed and away from the air con machine. For dinner we got take-out from Sushi Ninja which was a short walk away and was reasonably priced and tasty. There is a filter coffee machine but no kettle but we were there for such a short time we didn't ask to see if one could be supplied. Fridge had plenty of space for baby food. Room itself was fine and clean.

Return buses to the airport depart on the hour and half hour so we had to catch the 5am bus to meet the JQ4 08:15 flight which was very early. If I didn't have the baby I would advise getting the later bus as JQ4 is one of the first flights and there were no security queues on the Saturday we travelled.

Room Tip: If you have lots of bags ask for a room near the lift as the corridor is long.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SydneyEES
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Aloha SydneyEES,

Thank youfor staying with us on your most recent visit. We are pleased to hear we were able to meet your expectations for a quick layover.

As you mentioned, we do have a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport that does leave every hour and half hour. We do extend our apologies regarding the lack of assistance once you arrived to the hotel. Our staff does offer great service and so we will look into this incident.

Thank you again for staying and we look forward to welcoming you back on another layover.

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was very pleased with the housekeeping staff, specifically Delia who was in charge of my room. She was very pleasant everyday that I saw her, did an excellent job, and made me feel at home. There were other issues with the hotel that I didn't like, particularly the parking, but she made it worth the stay. Should be commended on her customer service and job performance!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Aloha Aaron C,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Airport Honolulu Hotel, we are appreciative of your patronage, review, and compliments of our staff.

We would like to apologize for the lack of parking during the time you were here. We continue to run high occupancies and look for solutions to the parking concerns. Our Housekeeping staff does a tremendous job in offering great service and ensuring our guests are comfortable during their stay!

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My rating is based on the fact that the hotel exceeded my expectations, not that it's the best hotel I've ever stayed at. I booked my reservation over the phone with a person who works with government employees (I forget his name, but he was extremely helpful). My primary interest in staying here was the proximity it had to the airport. I did not want to haul all the way into Waikiki for a single overnight stay.
Honolulu has surprisingly very few places to stay outside of Waikiki Beach which is a real hassle if you're not there to vacation. I could only find two realistic options, and this was one of them. Under the same circumstances I would stay here again without hesitation. The rate I paid was very fair, the bed/room were comfortable and clean, and it is located super close to the airport.
That said, I would definitely not stay here if I were in town to vacation... it's way too far from the things most vacationers come to do (beach scene, restaurants, shopping, etc.)

Room Tip: If you are a government employee, make your reservation by phone with the person from the hotel assigned to handle these types of reservation. They are able to offer you other benefits (parking and occasionally a meal).
Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business