“Fit our needs...”

Ranked #59 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Tokyo
“Fit our needs...”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel fit our needs-a bed. The late evening airport pick-up and check-in went smoothly. We found that we had a roommate in our room-a cockroach. I had requested a superior room, but doubt that is what we got-I was only interested in getting to sleep rather than complaining to the somewhat inhospital receptionist. Wife appreciated the bathroom. In the early morning, the express check-out was convenient, then off to the airport again on the shuttle. I wouldn't want to spend more than an evening here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ButaTokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I arrived at the international terminal with 2 children, called the number as advised for a transfer, the front desk clerk asked me what number location we were at the airport, I said I couldnt see a number, she insisted it was above my phone, there was nothing she could do without it, I explained I was at the hotel calling booth at the international terminal and there was no number. She told me to get off the phone and find it she didnt have time to talk to me as she had calls holding. I hung up and spent time walking around with 2 toddlers trying to find the number she referred to then be told by the staff at airport the International arrivals does not have a number. I called the hotel back, someone else answered and they dispatched the shuttle. I got to check-in, where someone was being treated very rudely in front of other guests. I was happy to get to my room and have as little as possible to do with the front desk staff, as after a long flight I didnt want to take the brunt of their bad day. I paid over $220 USD to stay here for 1 night and chose it over the others in the area as I do prefer good service and quality. I didnt get it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen M
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Aloha Karen M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel during your most recent visit to Hawaii. On behalf of the staff and management, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

After reading your review, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I can sense the frustration you encountered and will speak to our staff regarding this matter. I believe there may have been misunderstanding as our operators ask for the baggage claim number so our driver will know your location. As I mentioned, I extend our sincere apologies for this and will ensure we communicate more effectively.

I would like to personally speak to you and so if you could contact me directly at (808)837-5931 it would be appreciated. I look forward to speaking with you and welcoming you back again.

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Keaau, Hawaii
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a very convenient hotel located close to the airport. The hotel provides a 24-hour shuttle service from the airport to hotel and back to the airport. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. There is a Starbucks about a block away and other convenience stores but they close about 11:00 at night so if you are arriving after 11 you're out of luck trying to find something to eat. The food at the hotel restaurant is good but it is not open all day. Overall, it is a comfortable place to stay for one or two nights. It's more for people who are just passing through Honolulu on the way to somewhere else. It is not a place you'd want to stay if you are vacationing in Hawaii.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was there for only one night as one usually does at an airport hotel. Was on my way back from holiday and so fair enough, maybe not in the best of moods., but still this was not a good experience. First of all, one positive point, very well organized pick up service from and to the airport. Arrived at the hotel at 9.10 pm to be told that the restaurant of the hotel is closed at 9pm and that unfortunately nothing is close by so my only option is to order pizza from Dominos... i go around the corner from the check in counter to find a convenience store with food and beverages opened until 11pm... Wanted to go to the gym.. it closes also at 9pm... thought of ordering room service... no room service. Being part of the hospitality industry myself i was really disappointed with the service, which was non existent. You expect an airport hotel to have 24h facilities as the guests are arriving and leaving usually in odd hours: very late and/or very early... and none of the hotel's facilities seemed to be organized to accommodate those needs. And on top of that, the price was very expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nathalie R
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Aloha Nathalie R,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel on your one night back from a holiday. We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you were here.

We do apologize about the misunderstanding regarding the convenience store and there being food there to buy. We will remind our staff to offer the gift shop as a possibility to get sandwiches. The Airport Honolulu Hotel does consider the odd hours of our travelers, however the Honolulu International Airport does have a last flight for arrival and departure. Therefore we do our best to accommodate as much of the flights as we can.

Again, we apologize we did not meet your expectations on this stay and hope you will consider us again for any future visits.

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was good experience I was coming from Melbourne Victoria Australia and I was very exhausted and I like the location of the hotel and the service was ok. The staff need to work on their customer service skills and work on their attitude. If there was more to say. Would but there isn't much to say.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east are quite
Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Zack1992
Soldotna, Alaska
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My visit started at the airport. I called for a pickup van and a clean white van was there to pick me up in 5 minutes. It probably helps that the Honolulu Airport Hotel teams up with a Best Western a couple blocks away and jointly provides the van service. Next onto the hotel where I was greeted by Suzie and Suzanne at the front desk. I stopped off at the hotel gift shopped and was greeted by the charming Florida C. All in all, everyone I met bent over backwards to make my stay pleasant.

Having read previous trip advisor reports, I was not sure what to expect. I found a friendly establishment, clean, great location, good price and military friendly. I am retired military. Don’t go there with a surf board and expectations of a beach front resort. This is the closest hotel to the airport…clean, friendly and with most all of the services you might need. For the military folks, there is transportation (compliments of JN Chevrolet) to the Pearl Harbor Exchange/Commissary. The hotel is family friendly. Fly into the airport, pick up groceries at the commissary and store them in the room refrigerator. They come with microwaves. The hotel is pet friendly. This is a big plus

I will certainly stay there again if I am going to the bases, connecting to a cruise or stopping for a visit to Tripler or the VA Center.

Room Tip: Great location. Military friendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Wahiawa
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here for the 10 days before PC'ng from the island heading back stateside. The hotel is nice, but service from everyone was always awesome. Every morning Dalia would take care of our room with a smile and pleasantries. The front desk and front doormen were always nice and professional as well. The restaurant inside is good for breakfast but ok for dinner. Pricey and very dry chicken sandwich. It is convienently located near the NEX and plenty of food places.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honolulu
Pagoda Hotel
Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
#74 of 84 in Honolulu
Queen Kapiolani Hotel
#60 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!