“great staff”

Airport Honolulu Hotel
Ranked #59 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed June 9, 2013

i never got so nice and great service from any hotel i have ever been... i was greeted, help and shown to my room so fast and so friendly... but the best part was the house keeper ( DELIA ) i never problems on the time speed and the cleanliness of my room. and the trust i have that i can leave my high value items on my room. such friendly and inviting staff kept my stay here one of the best hotel on the island... one negative parking is not enough and too small for my vehicle (SUV)

Room Tip: close to the airport ... free shuttle to the airport and the nex...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Airport Honolulu Hotel

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I don't understand the negative reviews here..we are currently staying at this hotel and are enjoying ourselves. We are getting ready to PCS off the island (we're military) and we are staying here for 9 days. We have not had one problem nor one complaint. The staff is friendly and the rooms are quiet, comfortable and very adequate. This is a perfectly lovely hotel. Yes, the decor is a bit outdated but still nice nonetheless.

Honestly, I think people just like to piss over small issues. Some people seem to have champagne taste with beer money. I'm only saying...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jclm1259
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a hotel that is on the approved TLA list for PCSing military families. It was the closest we could get to where I worked on the west side that still had a shuttle and took promissory. It was always clean but the beds were not comfortable at all and the detergent was very harsh on my skin. The restaurant downstairs had an odd vibe to it and the prices were very expensive for what you got, even with the little discount they gave you (which covers half a dish).
It is located under the free way off Nimitz and it has the crappiest parking ever. You can walk to a Starbucks, which is nice though.

Bottom line: Stay here if you have to but otherwise, skip it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We checked in at 11pm Friday with a contracted rate, yet couldn't find my reservation, so I was charged $169 a night not $109 a night the contracted rate of 8years back when it was still the Ohana Hotel.
The rooms and hotel Dated and old, it smells of old and run down.
The front desk staff was rude, and when asked for extra towels(only had 2sets for double bed room) I had my 2 children with me, I was also questioned if I only had 2 children in my room, then said I'm paying a lower rate? Which was not true and very over priced for this "motel" type place.
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE, and the restaurant food was terrible!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Xmencroft
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Aloha Xmencroft,

Thank you for your most recent visit and review of the Airport Honolulu Hotel.

We apologize for the confusion with your rate and we will look into it. Your rate may no longer be available as it was 8 years ago and the contract may have been changed. Regarding the service you received at the Front Desk, our staff receives praises and so we will also investigate this matter. The Airport Honolulu Hotel has a great location with many other services catering to our guests, which our staff appreciates.

We thank you for your patronage and I am available to listen to your concerns. You may contact me directly at (808) 836-0661 and hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Not bad for an airport hotel given that there aren't many to choose from. We arrived late at night and flew out the next morning so it worked for us, but for a longer stay I'd probably go to Waikiki as there's nothing much around this hotel (they do have a restaurant and a small convenience store). The decor is somewhat dated but everything was in good repair and not worn-looking, plus the bed was comfortable. It is a bit odd that they provide a fridge and a microwave, but not drinking glasses (just two paper cups for the coffee machine). Phoned from the airport for the complementary shuttle and it was there within 10 minutes. Returning to the airport, the shuttle leaves every 30 minutes (on the hour and half-hour) as long as there are passengers. They don't take reservations for the shuttle so if there are a lot of people waiting in the lobby you have to make a mad dash when the driver opens the door to make sure you get on.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank covecutie
Reviewed May 29, 2013

this place is overpriced and ridiculous - hotel where last option for a beer is 9pm and there is no bar? cant believe that.exists and that for 160 a night? ridiculous is the word.
if you stay here you are lost after 9pm, the area is devoid of any other option in the evening. makes it even more difficult to understand why they dont have a bar.

• Stayed: May 2013
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Aloha hn36,

Thank you for your most recent visit to our hotel. We apologize we were not able to meet your expectation and have a hotel bar. Being an airport hotel, our close location to the airport is just one of the many facets of our hotel. There are other options close to the hotel, such as the Moanalua Shopping Center that does have bars to suit your needs. Besides our location, we also offer a complimentary airport shuttle and free wi-fi access, which many of our guests prefer.
Thank you for your review.
Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you need a one day or less stay near the airport, this would be a good hotel. The airport is a five minute drive or a ten minute walk from the hotel. Not a Hawian experience, no views, next to the highway and under pass, in an industrial area.

Free convenient shuttle service to and from the airport

Room small but adequate. Bed a bit saggy but had a good nights sleep. Some dust bunnies and flaking paint on ceilings in both bathroom and Bedroom.

Bus to all areas of the island right outside the hotel, leaving every 20-30 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BostonSkier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honolulu
Downtown Honolulu
Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel
Pagoda Hotel
#71 of 84 in Honolulu
Aqua Palms Waikiki
#57 of 84 in Honolulu
Ewa Hotel
#69 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!