“No electronic console hook up on extremely outdated TVs”

Airport Honolulu Hotel
Ranked #60 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I travel a bit for my job and usually I will have to stay several days. I've learned to tag along with me my PS3 when I want to relax with DVDs or just to play some games before bed. Most hotels I've been to have outputs for it, if not HDMI at least A/V. The tvs here have a/v outputs but are not compatible with ps3 or any console. Assuming this is so you're forced to spend more money buying movies THEY have. otherwise the hotel is extremely outdated but concierge and staff are helpful. Only wish is that they'd get rid of the 90s Zenith box TVs and invest in some flat screens. But that's just my personal preference.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank anela12
RudyFao, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Aloha and mahalo for your candid review. We sincerely apologize that you were not able to use your PS3 during your stay with you. We do currently have some Deluxe rooms available with LG flat screen TVs and I-Home docking stations and we will be upgrading all our TVs early next year.
We are glad that you found our staff helpful and we hope you'll return next year to enjoy our new TVs.

Mahalo for staying with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Although hotel close to aiprot and free shuttle etc, it remined me of a basic motel and not an airport Hotel

There is no bar - Restaurant only opens 3 nights a week and to eat you get bussed to another hotel.on other nights

Staff were OK but I expected more - I was travelling on business and had 2 1/2 nighst to wait on the way to my detsination and 1 day 2 nights on the way back. I ws tired but had to go find somewhere to eat when I wnated something or buy some noodles at the shop

Would I stay there again No would look for something whcih services my needs more but just did not want to go all the way to Waikiki

Probably Ok for families who might snack in etc

Just felt that property lacked any real desire to be anything but provide the absolute minimum in services

I chose a brand name ghotle figuring as a tarnsit palce it would have open restaurants and a bar where you can sit and chat with someone while watching the sports

Room Tip: If you want a break between flights with restaurant and bar to fill in time - this is not the palce...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We stayed here in September overnight as we had an early flight in the morning to LA. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the kids loved the pool. We didnt hear any freeway noise as others have mentioned.
The room was very clean and roomy. The shuttle bus to the airport was free and ran regularly which was very convenient
I probably wouldnt stay here for more than a couple of nights as it isnt close to much, but for an overnight stay it was more than adequate.
Would definately choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SophieT1
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Ohana airport hotel was an express bid on Priceline. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the entire hotel was. The pool closed early. The best thing is that if you are just stopping in Honolulu to fly to another island the next day, this is probably the closest hotel to the airport with a free airport shuttle. The beds were only full sized beds and a bit small. Good morning coffee in the room.

1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our travel agent suggested we stay here overnight on our way home from Canada, as we had an early departure the next day. We arrived late with fellow travellers, and the check-in process was long and painful as there was only one lady on duty and she appeared to be on "island time". Our room was basic - clean and comfortable, but one of the bedside lamps didn't work. We were tired and hungry after a 6 hour flight and were told that the pool closed at 7pm and the restaurant wasn't open on Mondays. Whilst convenient, the free airport shuttle is not really free as you are expected to tip the driver $2 for each bag you have. The shuttle was made available to take dinner guests to the restaurant at their "sister hotel" (Best Western) down the road. Unfortunately when we finally got there it was noisy and crowded with young families and undisciplined children running around - not the ideal place for us. The staff here were also on island time, and made you queue up just to be seated. Then you had to wait again to order, and they offered us soup and salad to offset the delay in delivering our ordered meal - which we declined. The menu was classic American junkfood - so we chose what we thought was the healthiest option and ate an hour and a half. after our arrival. On the upside, the food and accommodation was fairly cheap. As Hawaii is a large US military base, the airport hotels are popular with military personnel and families, who seem to be given preference over regular tourists. Therefore next time I would stay longer than one night and go into Waikiki where you will have a better experience.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Attractive rooms, clean and good value airport stopover for morning flight. Convenient airport location with shuttle servive. Very reasonable prices. We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel for the price we paid in Honolulu, an expensive city.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrandMrsJNK
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spent one night and room was clean and comfortable, nice pool area and lobby. Easy one block walk to Starbucks, small grocery, barbeque, Asian and other fast food. Airport shuttle was reliable, and near a bus stop if you want to got into downtown Honolulu w/o a car.

3  Thank Sim-Albany
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honolulu
Pagoda Hotel
#70 of 84 in Honolulu
Downtown Honolulu
Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel
Waikiki
The Equus Hotel
The Equus Hotel
#26 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!