17,107 results
All reviews rainbow tower ali tower tropics bar super pool tapa pool private pool round table pizza pronto pickle hilton hawaiian village paradise pool abc store waikiki beach ocean view fireworks show diamond head friday night fireworks lots of shops
Reviewed May 17, 2007

Stayed at the Hilton HV at the end of March. Had an ocean front room at the Rainbow Tower overlooking the beach and Diamond Head, and the view was just fantastic. Had no problem with this side of the building about construction noise as posted in one of the previous reviews here. We booked the room for 2 nights, the third was on Hilton Honor points as we're silver members. Later on decided to extend our stay for another 2 nights. Well, all these reservations created quite a bit of confussion for the maid and front desk, who expected us to check-out after the first 2 nights, then after the third night, etc. In few words, they had us under 3 separate reservations for the same room, but their system doesn't cross reference, thus our room card got deactivated. The same thing happened after the third night. Several trips to the front desk, and talks with 2 managers got us nowhere. Along comes a third manager, who got the whole hing straighten-out and sent us a fruit basket as an appology. Other than this, it was a relaxing stay. One thing that I was rather annoyed by is that they charge for loungers and umbrellas for the beach, $50 for two a day. They should be free for guests as it is already a very expensive hotel. The food is good but extremely expensive. Go the cafeteria down the street for breakast and other meals, if you wish. They are cheap. Next to it, there is another convenience store cheaper than the one at the village. Another annoying thing was that unfortunely for us we chose the last week of March for this stay, and every little kid from CA and Japan was on vacation at the hotel. Not at all a pleasant experience. If we ever go back to Hawaii, we'll definetely stay at one of the other islands. Honolulu is by far extremely crowded.

Date of stay: March 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank george01
Reviewed May 16, 2007

My wife and I stayed at this hotel prior to going to Kaui. We spent four days here and let me tell you it wasn't enough. The rainbow hotel is the way to go, it was very updated, clean and close to the ocean and main pool. We had a room with an ocean view and view of Diamond Head. The hotel grounds were amazing as well as the beach. The food was very good and the staff couldnt have been better. The pools were very clean and warm, although the main pool seemed to close early every evening. Overall our experience was fantastic and we would recommend this hotel to anyone. By far the nicest hotel in Wakkiki.

Date of stay: April 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank cavsbacker
Reviewed May 14, 2007

We just recently got back from our Hawaiian vacation. We stayed at the HHV because it was a work thing for me husband. I'm usually not a big fan of the chain type of hotels but we really had a good experience here. The grounds are kept up very well and it's really very clean. Our rooms were in the Tapa Tower and while they could use some renovations the view of Diamondback Mountain and the ocean were not to be beat. The beds were comfy and sheets of good quality. I would say overall our rooms were pretty clean (although a little Windex would go a long way on the windows/doors but that's a minor quibble). The beach area is beautiful. It is quite expensive to rent chairs and an umbrella for the day but we usually did to be a little more comfortable. We didn't use the pool very often since the ocean was pretty calm and we felt comfortable being in the water there. I will say that the food was pretty awful in our experience. I would get off property as much as possible. It's expensive and truly bad. We walked down to the Royal Hawaiian one night along the beach and we thought the HHV beach was by far the nicest and least busy.

Date of stay: May 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
6  Thank mjhill1004
Reviewed May 11, 2007

Our family stayed 2 nights post a 7-day cruise. We were given a Big, clean room with city view. Well-kept grounds. Many restaurants and stores right on the property. Staff, management VERY friendly. Nice beach, but had too many rocks in the sand. Convenient transportation area to get a taxi or shuttle bus.

Date of stay: April 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Madie01
Reviewed May 11, 2007

We stayed two days at the Hilton Hawiian Village during our trip to Hawaii. Unfortunately I was very sick one of the days so I ended up staying in the room for the entire day, but the little that I saw of the resort, I was very impressed. The grounds are impeccable. The hotel is located on a beautiful beach. The pool is beautiful. Staying at the Hilton is almost like staying in a small village as there is shopping right on the premisis. The beds are very comfortable with down bedding and pillows.

We booked the Ilikai tower. The entry way is marble and there is a doorman. The room was very nice and had a marble bathroom.

I would hightly recommend staying at this hotel. It is everything that you would want for a vacation. We will return.

Date of stay: May 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank beckas