52 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$245
Hotels.com$245
Hilton.com$245
FindHotel$245
eDreams$245
travelup.com$250
18,844 results
All reviews rainbow tower ali tower super pool tropics bar tapa pool private pool hilton hawaiian village round table pizza paradise pool abc store waikiki beach ocean view fireworks show diamond head friday night fireworks lots of shops time share
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

At first glance the place is beautiful, but once you dig in, it’s not so great. I usually love the Hilton, but this time I was disappointed. My wife was sick half the trip and I couldn’t understand why she was only sick in the room until on our final day, I found this. You would think $150 off room was a spit your face as did I. This was atrocious and the answer was we can wipe it down which would have cross contaminated he room and made it worse.

Just disappointed in the way they handled this as all I asked for was a refund for my upgrade as clearly it was not an upgrade.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Wideawoke
Reviewed August 29, 2019

My husband and I stayed at this resort and loved it! From the moment we checked in, Ryan was very attentive and cordial. We stayed in the Tapa tower with an amazing ocean view! We liked the pools, many restaurants, and shopping boutiques. It was also nice to have live music near the lobby. The resort is huge and massive but very impressive!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank IlianaB527
HHVTeam, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

It sounds like you enjoyed your time with us -- that's music to our ears! We're glad Ryan made you felt welcome, and we'll be sure to pass your kind words along to you. It's also awesome to hear that you loved the ocean view as much as we do. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you'll consider staying with us in the future. You and your husband are always welcome here!

All the best,

Reviewed August 28, 2019

I booked this on line and thought I was getting something much better. It is a very large busy family resort which is really past it's best. It was expensive and not great value. There are a number of restaurants on site but they are all serving what is at best canteen style food wrapped up in a different way.
The main object on this very large resort is to try to sell Hilton Resort timeshare type holidays.
It is noisy and a bit dirty. certainly past it's best.
The room was large, expensive but pretty sparse and tired. Certainly far too expensive for what it was.
The property is not suitable for mature people but probably ok for less discerning families who have not experienced better places.
Reminds me of a 1950's Butlins holiday camp in the sun.

Room tip: High up away from the noise.
3  Thank Orry L

We're disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, and we're sorry for falling short of expectations. We love making everyone feel welcome from families to mature people. That said, we hope you'd reconsider staying here again -- we're confident we can give you a better experience next time. Until then, we hope you had a great rest of your vacation.

Reviewed August 28, 2019

Dear HHV and Hilton Management - Our room in the Tapa Tower was by far the most run down and dirty room I've ever let my family stay in.

I knew the hotel was expensive (and that Hawaii in general is an expensive place to visit) and I was prepared for that. BUT when you compare the cost of the stay against the the quality of the room I can say that we were taken advantage of and that these rooms are not up to Hilton Standard - unless there is a separate standard for Hawaii that I'm not aware of???

In addition to the room being generally severely outdated in terms of aesthetic and function, the furniture itself is chewed up, the carpets in the hallways and in the rooms are extremely dirty, our bathroom had broken tile and dirty mirrors, patio furniture was discolored... the list goes on and on. Honestly, it looked like our room was pieced together from a pile of old materials, carpet, furniture, etc.

Otherwise, the lagoon is nice, BUT there is zero shade unless you're willing to pay the steep umbrella prices. The beach is conveniently close to all the towers, BUT crowded and the water is so cloudy. The pools are nice BUT extremely overcrowded and reek of chlorine.

Would I come back? Nope.

7  Thank MrsVSB

We regret not giving you the vacation you deserve. We'll talk to housekeeping to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again, and we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused. We'll also pass your feedback regarding the furniture to our management team when they're looking to improving the guests' experience next. Thank you for your honesty, and we hope you had a great rest of your vacation!

Reviewed August 28, 2019

Family for 4 (ages 10 and 12) stayed here 4 nights in late June. I will start with this...I had wanted to stay at HHV for many years (for our first trip to Oahu). I always imagined getting a Waikiki Beach & Diamond Head view room in the iconic Rainbow Tower. I read much about the resort, and thought it would be a good place to stay for the kids (pools, lagoon, lots of activities, etc.) after our more chill time on Maui in a condo and followed by more chill time in a villa on the North Shore of Oahu.
I got the room and balcony I wanted and the views were great (including front row for the Friday night fireworks). The room was clean and as advertised. The resort is HUGE and there is a lot to do. It is expensive. The parking sure wasn't cheap, but it allowed us to come and go on our own schedule. We only used the lagoon once and had dinner at the resort once (during a big rain storm). Everything about the HHV was just as described by others (BUSY). We were able to walk to shops, etc. But we actually went next door to the Hale Koa (if you are military) and rented water toys for much cheaper. We also went to the Hale Koa for their laua, dinner w/local friends, and a nightcap at their bar. Hale Koa is currently building a massive pool right on Waikiki beach. We would have considered staying there, but didn't want to deal w/construction issues. Kids even commented that they like Hale Koa (just from walking around it) better and asked to stay there in the future. If we stay in Waikiki again, I would definitely stay at the Hale Koa (or another resort down the beach). HHV is not our style.

Room tip: Diamond Head View Room in Rainbow Tower
Date of stay: June 2019
5  Thank travelgirlie123

It's our pleasure to have you here with us, although we're sorry for falling short of your expectations. Summers do get quite busy for us, so we appreciate your patience with us. That said, we're glad you enjoy the fireworks show as much as we do! Thanks for staying with us, and if you ever change your mind about staying here again, you're always welcome here.

All the best,